Valentine's Day S'Mores Party
Valentine's Day is even more special when you share this chocolate treat with family and friends.
The weather outside may indeed be frightful. But don't let that stop you from celebrating Valentine's Day in style. Create an incredible outdoor or indoor party in the smallest of spaces with this simple DIY project for a s'mores station. This quick and easy project gives you access to toasted marshmallows for s’mores in chic industrial fashion.
City S'Mores How-To
- serving tray
- large HVAC register box (found at home improvement centers)
- lava rocks
- aluminum tape
- chafing dish heaters
- a lighter
- bud vases
- glass containers for marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate
- metal skewers
- graham crackers
- chocolate bars
1. Remove the insulation lining from the register box and wipe away any residue from the outside with a damp sponge and cleaner if necessary.
2. Use aluminum HVAC tape to wrap around the top edge, covering the corners for a finished look.
3. Use scissors to cut the tape just to the top of the box edge. Carefully fold the tape over and adhere to the back of the box edge. Use your thumbnail or the back of a spoon to smooth out any wrinkles.
4. Place the register box in the center of the serving tray. Fill the round part of the register box completely with lava rocks. Fill in the top part of the box with lava rocks just until the rocks are level with the top of the round part.
5. Add the warmers, distributing them evenly over the open rectangular space.
6. Continue adding lava rocks to completely fill in the gaps around the chafing dish warmers. Use smaller rocks around the top to conceal the tops of the warmers.
7. Place marshmallows in a tall glass container and add them to the tray. TIP: If your marshmallows are sticking together, toss them in a large bowl with a spoonful of cornstarch.
8. Break chocolate bars into shapes that correspond with the size of your graham crackers. Place them in a glass container and add them to the tray. We have added them to both sides so the s’more fun can be accessed from any angle.
9. Place graham crackers in a glass container. Add them to the tray.
10. Place metal skewers, pointy end down, in a clean bud vase. Add them to the tray.
11. Your completed tray should have enough skewers and ingredients for everyone to make their own s’mores. Make sure the tray is sturdy enough to hold all of the components for easy transport.
12. Use a lighter or matches to light the chafing dish warmers. You may have to temporarily move some of the lava rocks out of the way to get the fire started.
13. Your guests will delight at toasting their own marshmallows to create a s’mores treat.
14. This convenient s’mores station is perfect for city living and makes a great Valentine's Day party centerpiece. It can be used on a patio or balcony or even carried inside if the weather becomes uncooperative.