Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Check out these tips for recognizing problems with a water heater and keeping it maintained.
- Brown water coming out of a hot water faucet could mean that the tank liner has ruptured.
- The pressure relief valve can leak because of too much pressure in the tank.
- Keeping the temperature above 125 degrees can cause damage.
- A thermal expansion tank will allow pressure to build up keeping it from damaging the tank.
- Installing a water and gas safety valve will shut down the water heater when it senses a problem.