Matt Muenster's Top 10 Tiling Tricks
Tiling your bathroom can be an easy task if you follow Matt Muenster's tiling tips and tricks to a T.
- Use spacers to keep everything spaced evenly.
- Apply all solid tiles before cutting the odd pieces.
- Order 10 percent more than you actually need.
- Start with a ledger board.
- Have a helper cut the tiles for you.
- Mark the cuts with a grease pencil.
- Use a diamond-tipped bit to drill holes in the tile.
- Let the tile dry for 24 hours before grouting.
- Lay out all the tiles before installing them.
- Apply sealer to the grout every six months.
- Measure the space you're tiling accurately.
- Remember, preparation is 75 percent of the job.
- Always seal natural stone, like slate, before grouting.