Flat pack bottom and upper kitchen cabinets
Flat-pack kitchen pantry
Fold-down ironing board
1. Assemble bottom cabinets for work area near washer and dryer with bottom cabinets.
2. Use laser level to find highest point of floor and hang cabinets from horizontal line crossing this point; shim spaces underneath.
3. For more workspace and storage, build island out of bottom cabinets.
4. Install refrigerator panel above appliances as shelf for folding and sorting clothes.
5. Hang upper cabinets for vertical storage.
6. Anchor one end of shelving with tall pantry.
7. Install fold-down ironing board inside pantry.
8. Finish tops with crown molding.
For a great-looking, functional laundry room, install flat-pack, ready-to-assemble kitchen cabinets.
Ready-to-assemble cabinets save money because you don’t pay manufacturer’s assembly costs.
Clip together side and bottom panels, then connect back and bottom boards; install angle supports in corners.
Anchor cabinets in wall studs; install kitchen counters on top.
Leave 36-inch aisles around island.
Leave 3-inch clearance between open lids of top-loading appliances and cabinets.
Get ironing board in a unit, which can be mounted on back wall of pantry.
Nail wood block to each upper corner; then use nail gun to attach molding to ceiling and block.