Butcher block countertops and stainless steel appliances mean business in the remodeled kitchen. Open shelves and a magnetic knife strip keep essentials handy for when things heat up.
1. Use dividers in deep drawers to organize pots, pans, and containers; get plate-stackers for extra plates.
2. Adjustable in-drawer dividers maximize storage for flatware and utensils.
3. Install shelf inserts in open cabinets to take advantage of unused vertical space.
4. Carousels give access to otherwise unused corner space.
5. A pullout system under sink lets you sort waste and recycle in same small area.
6. On walls, use magnetic strips to keep knives handy and safe.
7. Hang ‘S’ hooks on bar rods to hold often-used utensils.
8. For heavy pots and pans, install extra wall shelves.
Because of weight, be sure to attach shelves to wall studs.