Season 2, Episode 8

Here In Spirit: A homeowner tragically dies weeks after working up in her attic.

Kelly and Cara thought they'd found the perfect home with enough space for their son, Ben. The home inspector mentioned there was mold in the attic, and being a natural Ms. Fix-it, Cara figured she could do the work herself. After living in the home for a year, Cara decided it was finally time to deal with the problem. Two days later she started having trouble breathing, and after two weeks she passed away due to mold in her lungs. Mike Holmes steps in to investigate the attic and to finish the work that Cara started, making this home safe for Kelly and Ben.
See Tune-In Times

Upcoming Airings

See Full Schedule
Oct 25
10pm | 9c
Oct 26
1am | 12c
Nov 22
7pm | 6c

Previous Episode

A Tear in the Fabric: A Waterproof Membrane That Was Accidentally Cut Causes Water Damage in a Home

Next Episode

Five Alarm Chili - Part 1: After her home is set on fire, Chili fears she'll never be safe again.

Watch DIY Network LIVE

Don't miss your favorite shows in real time online.

Follow Us Everywhere

Keep up with your favorite shows and hosts plus share ideas with other DIY fans.

Discover Our Blog: Made + Remade

See the latest DIY projects, and meet more cool people who love to create.

Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.

Luxury Home Giveaways

HGTV Dream Home

A waterfront escape in Merritt Island, Florida. Sign up for reminders for the sweepstakes, which starts December 29, 2015.

HGTV Smart Home

A modern Austin farmhouse located in Austin, Texas

HGTV Urban Oasis

A 1,300-square-foot bungalow in the heart of Asheville, NC