We found average homeowners brave enough to let America vote for their renovation projects - but voters should get something for their efforts too. Every two weeks a new renovation is put to the vote, including one special accessory that will be presented to the homeowners and a lucky online voter.
Enter daily through July 5, 2012 at 5pm ET.
DIY – DO IT YOURSELF NETWORK
"DIY'S RUN MY RENOVATION VOTE-TO-WIN GIVEAWAY"
Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on January 5, 2012, until 5:00 p.m. ET on July 5, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"), you may enter the DIY "Run My Renovation Vote-To-Win Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") online by visiting the Do It Yourself Network ("DIY") website (www.DIYnetwork.com) (the "DIY Website") and completing the online entry form by providing your name, complete address, phone number (including area code) and valid e-mail address (limit one online entry per person and per e-mail address per day). If an entrant uses multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one online entry for a given day, only the first online entry for that day will be considered valid.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of DIY and other participating sponsors and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates dealers, distributors, manufacturers, and each of their advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Prizes: Thirteen (13) Winners will each win a prize that is featured in an episode of the Run My Renovation program (season 4 airing in 2012) pending the outcome from an online vote by viewers. Prizes will be modest-sized decorative items and will vary based on the item that is featured on the episode. Tuning in to the show is not required to win a prize. Total value of Prizes: value will vary for each prize, but will range from approximately $100 to $500 each.
Approximate retail value of all prizes in the Sweepstakes: $3,000.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the respective winner's responsibility. Winners will each be issued a 1099 tax form for the value of the prize, as applicable. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prizes in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by Main Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Main Sponsor's sole discretion. Main Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded.
4. Drawing and Notification: Thirteen (13) Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries approximately every two (2) weeks on the following dates: January 19, 2012, February 2, 2012, February 16, 2012, March 1, 2012, March 15, 2012, March 29, 2012, April 12, 2012, April 26, 2012, May 10, 2012, May 24, 2012, June 7, 2012, June 21, 2012, and July 5, 2012. Prizes will be administered by Ritway, Inc. (the "Administrator"), an independent judging organization, and will be contacted either by email, by overnight courier and/or by phone within approximately five (5) calendar days from the drawing. All non-winning entries from weekly drawings and new eligible entries received daily will be considered for subsequent prize drawings. The names of the Prize Winners may be posted on the DIY Website. Main Sponsor's decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes shall be final. Potential Prize Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity, and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) calendar days of issuance of prize notification. If DIY is unable to contact a potential Prize Winner and/or if the potential Prize Winner fails to complete and return all forms by the specified date and/or if potential prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner(s) shall be selected. Prize Winners consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the opinion of the Main Sponsor or Administrator, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Main Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
5. Release of Liability: Main Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, each of the Sweepstakes Entities, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, dealers, distributors, employees and agents of the Sweepstakes Entities, and are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunctions, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants, any winners, and their family members, guests, invitees, agents, and employees release and hold harmless Main Sponsor and each of the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as the respective officers, directors, agents, employees and shareholders of the foregoing entities and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes from and against any and all actions, claims, and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prizes and any related travel and/or activities, including liability for personal injury, death, damages, or loss. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms therefor, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
6. Winners' List: Beginning January 23, 2012 you may obtain the names of the Prize Winners as the names become available by visiting the DIY Website. Results from the drawing will be removed from the DIY Website on or about September 31, 2012.
7. Main Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a DIY - Do it Yourself Network, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932.
8. Sweepstakes Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 E. Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.