Improper wiring techniques or just really old and worn-out wiring can cause a spark that leads to an inferno. Junction boxes are designed to contain flames to an extent, but once something catches, it's big-time trouble. Cut power to your entire home at the main switch located near your main box, usually found on the outside. Use a Class C or multipurpose extinguisher to put out the flame. If you don't have one (you should), then try dumping a good amount of baking soda on the fire. Contact your insurance company to determine if any damage is covered and bring in an electrician to examine the wiring to determine what went wrong and to take corrective action.
We sent a note to our support staff about the glitch you just experienced. Please click the button below to reload your content.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
Super Simple Laminate Ceiling (04:37)
Electrical Safety Devices (02:24)
Horse- and Gym-Themed Bedrooms (00:03:34)
Load-Bearing Beam Installation (02:54)
Door Frame and Jamb Removal (01:32)
Cabinets: Storage Accessories (00:02:08)
Flat-Screen TV Stand (02:48)
Under Stairs Closet (20:00)
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
The Best Toys for Playful Cats and Dogs 13 Photos
How to Lay a Gravel Pathway 8 Photos
Teenage Girl's Goth-Style Bathroom 9 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.