Find out about 17 plant varieties and how to care for them in specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Annual with 7-inch yellow or bronze daisy-like flowers with maroon-burgundy centers
- Plant in well-drained soil
- Plant in full sun
- Deadhead to promote continued blooming; may reseed
- Space generously to allow for good air circulation
- Height: 20-24 inches
- Width: 12-18 inches
- Annual in all zones (seems to die in fall no matter how warm):
Zones 2-8: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; collect seed in fall for planting the following spring; discard plants after killing frost.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring or sow seeds in fall when ripe; discard plants in fall.
Magnificent Interlocking Wall (04:30)
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Step 6: Install Flooring (04:13)
Something Old, Something New (00:20:01)
Exterior Deck Tile System (01:11)
Making a Travertine Backsplash (02:37)
Tuscan Kitchen (04:21)
Building a Deck Bench (01:02)
Attic Bonus Room (20:00)
Mediterranean Waterfall (01:28)
Floral Alternatives For Your Wedding 23 Photos
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Stunning Front-Yard Makeovers 6 Photos
Back Patio Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 32 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.