Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
Decked-Out Decks and Patios (20:00)
Install a Tile Floor (01:00)
HDMI Cables: Splurge or Skimp? (00:01:00)
Irregular Stone Floor (01:35)
The Law Job (20:00)
Family-Friendly Front Yard (00:03:52)
Installing a Security Light (01:02)
Load Bearing Wall Removal (01:47)
Cheap to Chic (20:00)
Custom Height Cabinets (01:39)
Bathroom Flooring Ideas 15 Photos
10 Designer Bathrooms Fit for Royalty 10 Photos
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
BATHtastic! Bathrooms from Matt Muenster 25 Photos
The Elements of a Great Outdoor Space 10 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
10 Things You Must Know About Ponds 10 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.