Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
Installing Hardwood Flooring (01:29)
Work and Play in Divided Space (00:03:46)
Step 3: Prep the Materials (02:16)
Tips for Preventing Mold (01:59)
Safety Speed Cut Panel Pro Saw (01:40)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Deck Water Features (00:52)
Cozy, Stylish Midcentury Bath (00:03:18)
Herbs and Sprouting Seeds 18 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.