Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
Pallet Chair (01:00)
Joist Installation (01:33)
Bathroom Redo on a Budget (00:03:35)
Kitchen Crashers Returns (00:01:06)
Step 7: Shingle the Roof (03:21)
How to Remove a Wall (00:01:41)
Stone Veneer Wakes Up Walls (03:27)
Retaining Wall Base (02:28)
Building a Entryway Pergola (00:01:00)
Wood Bar Top (01:00)
How to Make a Kitchen Herb Garden 8 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: Dining Room Pictures 15 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Front Yard Pictures 13 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.