Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
Super Simple Laminate Ceiling (04:37)
Electrical Safety Devices (02:24)
Horse- and Gym-Themed Bedrooms (00:03:34)
Load-Bearing Beam Installation (02:54)
Door Frame and Jamb Removal (01:32)
Cabinets: Storage Accessories (00:02:08)
Flat-Screen TV Stand (02:48)
Under Stairs Closet (20:00)
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
The Best Toys for Playful Cats and Dogs 13 Photos
How to Lay a Gravel Pathway 8 Photos
Teenage Girl's Goth-Style Bathroom 9 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.