Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
Cordless Paint Sprayer (01:27)
Easy Kitchen Updates (20:00)
Gangster Getaway (20:00)
Magazine Rack (20:00)
The James House (00:03:27)
Installing Crown Molding (01:00)
Modern Wood Paneling System (04:52)
Best Shop Vacs for Woodworkers (04:23)
Closet Dressing Room (02:36)
Step 4: Sand the Surfaces (02:11)
Kitchen Design Inspirations 10 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
How To Make a Handmade Leather Purse 14 Photos
8 Steps to the Perfect Bathroom 8 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.