Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Shrub with oblong, glossy leaves and cymes of yellow, orange, pink or red flowers from spring to autumn.
- Plant in rich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 65-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Water frequently during growing season, but sparingly in winter.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-8
- Hardy in USDA zones 9-11
Zones 2-8: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 70 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity during cold weather.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; water frequently during growing season and lightly during winter months.
Cabinets: Antiquing (00:02:17)
How to Paint a Dresser (00:03:44)
Vinyl Siding Installation Tips (01:58)
Cool Countertops (00:30)
Electrical Safety (03:20)
Completed Sliding Bookcase (04:33)
Plasti-Dip Handle Grip Kits (00:01:18)
Outdoor Zen Den (03:50)
Installing a New Vanity (01:00)
Installing a Vessel Sink (01:00)
Blog Cabin: Top 12 Nooks to Take a Nap 12 Photos
How To Make a No-Sew Tutu Skirt 6 Photos
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
How to Make Infused Simple Syrups 4 Photos
How to Make a Halloween Spider Cake 6 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.