Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Tender, sprawling evergreen shrub known for its bluish-purple tubular flowers and bright golden berries.
- Plant in moist, but well-drained soil; do not allow soil to dry completely.
- Fertilize monthly during growing season.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height: 10-15 feet
- Width: 8-10 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-7
- Hardy in USDA zones (8) 9-11
Zones 2-7: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 55 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity or mist daily during cold weather.
Zones 8: Plant outdoors in spring; plant in full sun; keep moist during the growing season and fertilize regularly; mulch heavily in fall; may die back to the ground in winter and re-sprout in the spring.
Zones 9-11: Plant in spring in full sun to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; do not allow soil to dry completely; water moderately during winter months; prune in early spring, if needed.
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.