Here's a list of 12 plant varieties and their ideal situation for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
- Tropical evergreen shrub known for its reddish palmate leaves and red or yellow fragrant panicles of flowers on mature plants.
- Plant in moist, but well-drained soil; do not allow soil to dry completely.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 60-85 degrees and high humidity.
- Fertilize monthly during growing season.
- Plant in light to partial shade.
- Height: 2-4 feet
- Width: 2-3 feet
- Patio or Houseplant in zones 2-9
- Hardy in USDA zones 10-11
Zones 2-9: Container grow plant and keep indoors or in heated greenhouse; move outside when temperatures remain above 60 degrees; place by bright window with high humidity or mist daily during cold weather.
Zone 10: Plant in spring in light shade protected from hot sun; mulch to conserve moisture; do not allow soil to dry completely; water moderately during winter months; prune in early spring, if needed.
Zone 11: Plant in spring in partial shade protected from hot sun; mulch to conserve moisture; do not allow soil to dry completely; water moderately during winter months; prune in early spring, if needed.
Hollywood-Inspired Girl's Bathroom 9 Photos
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
Bathrooms with Unique Features 15 Photos
Extraordinary Garage Makeovers 9 Photos
Stunning Bathroom Sinks and Vanities 47 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
Pleasing Patio Designs 35 Photos
How To Replace a Bathroom Light Fixture 11 Photos
How to Make a Halloween Spider Cake 6 Photos
Creative BATHtastic! Spaces 11 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.