Learn about 15 plants and the planting information for specific zones.
More in Outdoors
Ipomoea batatas 'Autumn Medley'--Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Vigorous trailing vine grown for its bold heart-shaped foliage
- Usually grown as an annual in all zones
- Plant in moist, but well-drained soil; water when dry
- Tolerates heat
- Plant in full sun
- Height: 6 inches
- Length: to 48 inches or more
- Annual in USDA zones 2-9
- Hardy in USDA zones 10-11
Zones 2-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; fertilize with water-based fertilizer twice monthly during growing season; cut back foliage and dig tubers for indoors before frost or discard plants after killing frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; mulch in fall; prune away old foliage in early spring; fertilize twice monthly during spring and summer.