When it's nice out, get patio and backyard furniture ready for company with these tips.
More in Outdoors
Materials for cleaning regular aluminum chairs:
plastic scrubber or fine steel wool
1. Place a generous amount of detergent on your plastic scrubber or steel wool and begin to scrub.
2. When finished, rinse the furniture well and let dry.
Materials for cleaning baked on aluminum chairs:
dish detergent or all-purpose cleaner
high quality car wax
1. Soak the sponge up well with dish detergent or all-purpose cleaner.
2. Work it into the furniture until you get it nice and clean.
3. Rinse off all the detergent or cleaner.
4. Dry it with a soft cloth.
5. Place car wax on a soft cloth or the applicator that comes with it.
6. Work the wax onto the aluminum real well, being careful not to get any on the webbing or the fabric.
Note: If you get the wax on the webbing or fabric it could leave a nasty spot. So, it must be wiped off right away.
7. Let the wax dry and then buff.
Materials for cleaning white plastic furniture:
1 gallon warm water
3 Tsp. automatic dishwashing detergent
sponge with scrubber on back
1. Place 1 gallon warm water in a bucket and add 3 teaspoons of automatic dishwasher detergent .
2. Wash down the furniture with this solution.
3. Let the solution set on the furniture for approximately 15 minutes. (The dishwashing detergent has a bleaching agent in it that will whiten the furniture.)
4. Rinse and dry. Note: Clean colored furniture with an all-purpose cleaner and water. Make sure you rinse it well because sunlight and weather will speed up the fading process.
Materials for removing candle wax from glass tabletops:
old credit card
1. Use the blow dryer to heat the candle wax.
2. Scrap the candle wax off with an old credit card.
3. Pour rubbing alcohol on any remaining residue and wipe it off.
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Create a Faux Tile Backsplash (01:02)
Cleaning Window Treatments (05:11)
Building a Kitchen Bar Cart (01:02)
A Porch to Chill On Part 1 (06:01)
Decorative Cabinet Panels (03:16)
Installing Laminate Floors (01:00)
Relaxing Yard for Entertaining (00:03:14)
Faucet Tips (01:50)
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Pictures of Formal English Gardens 17 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: Artistic Vision 100 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.