Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Spiraea japonica 'Magic Carpet' – Magic Carpet Spirea
- Beautiful pink flowers with light-green foliage, tipped with red
- Russet red fall color
- Widely adaptable soil
- Full sun to part shade
- Small shrub — 1.5 feet high by a 2-foot spread
- Cold hardy –30 to –20F
- Zones 3 to 8
- Regular watering is needed until established.
- Annually, cut the entire plant back 1/2 to 2/3rd — late fall to early spring when the plant is dormant.
- Then, remove any large, old canes as close to the ground as possible, which will stimulate new sprouts to develop.
Installing Carpet on Stairs (05:24)
The James House (00:03:27)
Installing Crown Molding (01:00)
Storage Shed (01:50)
Modern Wood Paneling System (04:52)
Best Shop Vacs for Woodworkers (04:23)
Build a Rustic Barn Door (00:01:00)
Easy Winterizing of Your Home (01:00)
Safe Outdoor Holiday Lighting (01:02)
Cutting Board 101 (02:43)
Kitchen Design Inspirations 10 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
11 Ways to Upcycle Old Sweaters 11 Photos
8 Steps to the Perfect Bathroom 8 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.