Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Spiraea japonica 'Magic Carpet' – Magic Carpet Spirea
- Beautiful pink flowers with light-green foliage, tipped with red
- Russet red fall color
- Widely adaptable soil
- Full sun to part shade
- Small shrub — 1.5 feet high by a 2-foot spread
- Cold hardy –30 to –20F
- Zones 3 to 8
- Regular watering is needed until established.
- Annually, cut the entire plant back 1/2 to 2/3rd — late fall to early spring when the plant is dormant.
- Then, remove any large, old canes as close to the ground as possible, which will stimulate new sprouts to develop.
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Eight-Level Backyard Deck (00:02:13)
Pergola Installed From Kit (00:02:10)
Martini Bar Basement (20:01)
Gabion Garden Entertainment (20:00)
Build an Outdoor Fireplace (02:48)
Fireplace Upgrade (02:16)
Enhance Your Walkway (00:01:04)
Range Hood Installation (02:51)
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
Plants That Bloom in Summer 35 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
13 Mowing Tips for a Healthy Lawn 13 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices 4 Photos
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.