Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diablo' – Diablo Ninebark (Sometimes called Purpleleaf Ninebark)
- Recognized for its midnight plum-colored foliage
- Deciduous, so it drops its leaves in winter
- In June-July, it produces pretty white flowers — that resemble those of the spirea
- Exfoliating bark
- It needs sun for better foliage color but it's adaptable to all conditions
- Older plants are drought-tolerant
- Grows 6 to 10 feet tall — and as wide
- Zones 2 to 7
- Water regularly until established
- Can be pruned to the ground in the winter to reduce the size or rejuvenate the plant
11 Wooden Staircases for Branching Out 11 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.