Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Flooring Transition Strips (03:26)
Front-Porch Bench (01:47)
Adding a Barrel Vault Ceiling (00:01:00)
Dishwasher Panel Switcheroo (03:10)
Arts and Crafts Window Trim (03:11)
Build a Wood-Plank Backsplash (00:01:00)
Installing Bathroom Speakers (00:01:00)
Stacked Wire Cuff (05:03)
Installing a GFCI Outlet (05:32)
Bathroom Rehab to Impress (03:46)
Design Tips for Beautiful Pergolas 16 Photos
Extraordinary Garage Makeovers 9 Photos
Outdoor Kitchen Ideas 26 Photos
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
Cottage-Style Landscapes and Gardens 15 Photos
How to Countersink a Screw 4 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.