Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Wood Install 101 (04:06)
Installing a Double Wall Oven (02:54)
Go Creative With Bath Flooring (00:01:00)
Mudroom- Part 1 (06:29)
Convert Wood Fireplace to Gas (00:01:00)
Whimsical Fence and Arbor (08:37)
Tiki Hut Bar (01:50)
DIY Portable Kitchen Cart (00:01:00)
How to Use a Gas Compactor (02:05)
Fish Net Craft Ideas (03:08)
Fantastic Bathroom Makeovers 20 Photos
How To Replace a Bathroom Light Fixture 11 Photos
The Most Commonly Used Landscaping Tools 12 Photos
Rock Landscaping Ideas 8 Photos
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.