Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Make a Cornucopia Centerpiece (00:03:16)
Blog Cabin 2014 Original House (00:01:28)
Designer Headboard (04:20)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Outdoor Pool Table (01:13)
Wedding Scrapbook (04:57)
Taking Back Bedroom (20:02)
Renovating a Gutted House (03:58)
Winter Garden Tips (00:04:10)
Camp Kitchen and Fire Pit (03:53)
10 Things to Know Before Building a Deck 10 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Make Leather Fringe Napkin Rings 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.