Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
Installing Hardwood Flooring (01:29)
Work and Play in Divided Space (00:03:46)
Step 3: Prep the Materials (02:16)
Tips for Preventing Mold (01:59)
Safety Speed Cut Panel Pro Saw (01:40)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Deck Water Features (00:52)
Cozy, Stylish Midcentury Bath (00:03:18)
Herbs and Sprouting Seeds 18 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.