Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Wood Floor Installation Tips (00:01:00)
Handmade Gourd-Banjo (20:01)
Install a Concrete Countertop (04:40)
Rusty Porcelain Sink Repair (00:03:15)
Stark to Inviting Bath Part 2 (03:26)
Floating Wood Flooring (00:02:35)
Secret-Door Entry Quick Tips (00:01:00)
Stone Columns (03:38)
Install a Backyard Water Wall (03:13)
Waterproof Outdoor Curtains (00:01:14)
Witch Crafts Halloween Projects 1 Photos
How To Make a Classic Tulle Tutu 15 Photos
Pergolas and Other Outdoor Structures 24 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.