Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Eight-Level Backyard Deck (00:02:13)
Pergola Installed From Kit (00:02:10)
Martini Bar Basement (20:01)
Gabion Garden Entertainment (20:00)
Build an Outdoor Fireplace (02:48)
Fireplace Upgrade (02:16)
Enhance Your Walkway (00:01:04)
Range Hood Installation (02:51)
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
Plants That Bloom in Summer 35 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
13 Mowing Tips for a Healthy Lawn 13 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices 4 Photos
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.