Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Installing a Double Wall Oven (02:54)
LED Glass Countertops (01:21)
Bath Floors (04:01)
Adirondack Chair (00:20:01)
Creative Bathroom Storage Tips (00:01:00)
Modern Wall Sconce (02:21)
Install Hardwood Floor (04:25)
Seashell Wind Chimes (00:03:18)
Two-Tone Harmony (03:35)
Low-Level Deck Footings (00:53)
10 Best Bathroom Remodeling Trends 10 Photos
Insulation and Soundproofing Materials 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.