Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Blog Cabin 2014 Guest Rooms (00:01:13)
How to Install a Booth Window (00:00:60)
How to Install a Bar Base (00:00:60)
First-Floor Facelift (03:44)
Hang Crown Molding: Overview (04:38)
Pub Garage (20:00)
Dining Booth Table (02:53)
Ridge Vents and Soffits (01:17)
Houseboat Renovation (20:00)
Installing Diagonal Tiles (01:02)
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
22 Landscape Lighting Ideas 22 Photos
Hot Hunks on Green Lawns 14 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.