Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Rehabbing a 1916 Kitchen (00:02:50)
Glazing Your Kitchen Cabinets (03:18)
Compact Circular Saw (01:03)
Creating a Poolside Hangout (02:56)
Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall (00:02:06)
Raising a Deck Up High (03:48)
Porter Cable Omnijig (03:19)
Chain-Link Fence (04:02)
Yamaha: Build a Firewood Rack (01:02)
Old Attic Wood Finds New Use (00:01:42)
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
How to Make Hanging Halloween Ghosts 11 Photos
Outdoor Products As Seen On I Want That 11 Photos
Photo Gallery: Replacing Latex Caulk 3 Photos
How to Repair Common Drywall Mistakes 15 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.