Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Winterizing Doors (03:53)
Motorcycle Bill (00:01:43)
Weatherproofing Doors (04:50)
Carving Wood Caricatures (03:51)
Transitioning Hardwood Floors (00:01:14)
Step 3: Hang the Crown Molding (03:53)
Warmer, More Welcoming Kitchen (00:03:15)
Finishing a Concrete Counter (00:01:47)
Curved Serving Bar (01:00)
New Floating Kitchen Floor (04:54)
Small Bathroom Storage Solutions 8 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.