Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Magnolia x stellata 'Royal Star' – Royal Star Magnolia
- A sense, oval to rounded form; can be left as a large shrub or pruned into a small tree
- 'Royal Star' has pink buds that open to white blossoms, 3 to 4 inches, that bloom early before foliage develops
- Oblong dark green leaves that often turn yellow in the autumn
- Can grow 10 to 12 feet high
- Zones 4 to 8
- Fertilize with an acid-based fertilizer after flowering and again in June.
- Prune lightly directly after flowering if needed. This allows the plants to produce new growth and buds for next year's show.
- Pick up flower petals that fall to the ground — it aids with insect and disease control.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.