Knowing specific information about plants is important in order to care for them properly. The experts share how to care for each plant.
More in Outdoors
Clematis terniflora — common name: 'Sweet Autumn' Clematis
- Late-flowering clematis
- Vigorous, prolific vines — can grow from 15 to 20 feet
- An abundance of star-shaped white, fragrant, flowers in late spring, early fall. The flowers smell like vanilla.
- Self-seeds abundantly.
- Deciduous vine — drops its leaves in the winter
- Sun to partial sun — grows fairly well in partial shade as long as it has its tops in the sun
- Roots prefer a cool shade area, tops in the sun
- Water regularly the first year
- Plants are prone to tangle. They should be pruned back hard after the first year of growth to encourage branching — cut back to a pair of strong buds about 12 inches from the ground.
- They also need support — trellis, arbors, etc.
Blog Cabin 2014 Guest Rooms (00:01:13)
How to Install a Booth Window (00:00:60)
How to Install a Bar Base (00:00:60)
First-Floor Facelift (03:44)
Hang Crown Molding: Overview (04:38)
Pub Garage (20:00)
Dining Booth Table (02:53)
Ridge Vents and Soffits (01:17)
Houseboat Renovation (20:00)
Installing Diagonal Tiles (01:02)
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
22 Landscape Lighting Ideas 22 Photos
Hot Hunks on Green Lawns 14 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.