Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Work and Play in Divided Space (00:03:46)
Remove Wallpaper Full Project (08:59)
Luxurious Linen Finish (02:10)
Hide Basement Support Columns (00:01:00)
Installing a Tub Surround (01:00)
Spruce Up Your Entryway (00:01:00)
Simple Pergola Kit (00:57)
How to Cut Pergola Rafters (00:46)
Basics on Retaining Walls (00:01:00)
Vinyl Siding Installation Tips (01:58)
How To Build a Live Oak Chandelier 19 Photos
Fancy Flights of Stairs 4 Photos
How to Make a Kitchen Herb Garden 8 Photos
How To Throw a Sprinkles Baby Shower 15 Photos
Kitchen Color Design Ideas 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.