Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Second-Story Restored Deck (00:02:03)
Taking Back Bedroom (20:02)
The Williams Project (20:00)
Say Good-Bye to Bifold Doors (00:01:00)
Spice-Scented Kitchen Pad (00:44)
Magic Master Bedroom Makeover (00:03:24)
Kris Humphris' Man Cave (00:03:53)
Dramatic Floor Lamp Makeover (02:20)
Steampunk Christmas Decorating Ideas 15 Photos
Cost-Cutting Kitchen Remodeling Ideas 10 Photos
Tips on Installing Vinyl Siding 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.