Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Open House at the Dollar House (00:02:30)
Ceramic versus Porcelain Tile (02:30)
Cabinet Door Inserts (01:00)
Laminate Countertops (01:00)
Stylish Tile Porch Floor (00:05:21)
Espaliered Vine Disguises Wall (00:01:00)
Make Your Own Cedar Shutters (00:01:00)
Budget Laundry Room Makeover (00:04:12)
Warming Up With Earth Tones (03:12)
Painted Upholstery (02:00)
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
How to Host a Brunch Wedding Shower 28 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
Container and Small-Space Gardening 10 Photos
Fantastic Bathroom Makeovers 20 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: February Update 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.