Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Eight-Level Backyard Deck (00:02:13)
Pergola Installed From Kit (00:02:10)
Martini Bar Basement (20:01)
Gabion Garden Entertainment (20:00)
Build an Outdoor Fireplace (02:48)
Fireplace Upgrade (02:16)
Enhance Your Walkway (00:01:04)
Range Hood Installation (02:51)
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
Plants That Bloom in Summer 35 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
13 Mowing Tips for a Healthy Lawn 13 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices 4 Photos
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.