Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Installing a Double Wall Oven (02:54)
LED Glass Countertops (01:21)
Bath Floors (04:01)
Adirondack Chair (00:20:01)
Creative Bathroom Storage Tips (00:01:00)
Modern Wall Sconce (02:21)
Install Hardwood Floor (04:25)
Seashell Wind Chimes (00:03:18)
Two-Tone Harmony (03:35)
Low-Level Deck Footings (00:53)
10 Best Bathroom Remodeling Trends 10 Photos
Insulation and Soundproofing Materials 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.