Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Building a Garden Pergola (01:00)
Cabinets: Antiquing (00:02:17)
Stark to Inviting Bath Part 1 (06:06)
A Stained-Glass Jewel Reborn (00:03:52)
Dropped Ceilings and Graffiti (00:02:53)
From Pantry to Pampered Bath (00:04:18)
Michael Symon (00:20:01)
Country Kitchen Cabinets Pt 3 (06:00)
Sunroom Bench From Salvage (00:04:23)
Laminate Luxury 18 Photos
How To Make a Classic Tulle Tutu 15 Photos
Office Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.