Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Wood Floor Installation Tips (00:01:00)
Handmade Gourd-Banjo (20:01)
Install a Concrete Countertop (04:40)
Rusty Porcelain Sink Repair (00:03:15)
Stark to Inviting Bath Part 2 (03:26)
Floating Wood Flooring (00:02:35)
Secret-Door Entry Quick Tips (00:01:00)
Stone Columns (03:38)
Install a Backyard Water Wall (03:13)
Waterproof Outdoor Curtains (00:01:14)
Witch Crafts Halloween Projects 1 Photos
How To Make a Classic Tulle Tutu 15 Photos
Pergolas and Other Outdoor Structures 24 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.