Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Impatiens x hawkeri Sonic Red New Guinea Impatiens
- Herbaceous annuals grown for their lush foliage and profuse red blooms
- Plant in light to partial shade; more sun tolerant than regular impatiens with moisture
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Water regularly until established; fertilize regularly during growing season
- May re-seed to produce plants the following spring
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Width: to 2 feet
- Annual zones 2-9 (10)
- Tender or perennial in zones 10-11
Zones 2-7: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light shade; mulch to conserve moisture and warmth in colder zones; remove after first frost.
Zones 8-9: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed; plant in light to partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; remove after first frost.
Zones 10-11: Plant in spring; plant in partial shade; mulch to conserve moisture; can be removed in fall or cut back 1/2; may survive winter in these zones.
Building a Deck Bench (01:02)
Link Deck Tile System (00:01:46)
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Add Shade With a Pergola (00:01:00)
Mediterranean Patio (20:01)
Kreg Jig K3 Master System (01:48)
Hardwood Moisture Damage (00:50)
Sitting Lodge (00:01:16)
Canal Brick Courtyard (20:00)
DIY Tire Swings (03:23)
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
Front Porch Ideas from Rate My Space 7 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
The Best Outdoor Rooms from Indoors Out 16 Photos
Garages Beyond the Ordinary 9 Photos
10 Things You Must Know About Ponds 10 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.