Learn how to take care of 15 plants in different zones.
More in Outdoors
Buxus microphylla var. koreana 'Winter Green'--Winter Gem Boxwood
- Compact boxwood with dark green foliage
- Plants maintain green color in winter
- Plant in rich, moist but well-drained soil; fertilize in spring; prune in early spring
- Plant can tolerate exposure to salt
- Plant in full sun to partial shade
- Height: 3 feet
- Width: 3 feet
- Hardy in USDA zones 5-9
Zone 5: Plant in spring to prevent winter heaving; plant in full sun to light shade; mulch after first hard frost.
Zone 6: Plant in spring or early fall; plant in full sun to light shade; mulch after first hard frost.
Zones 7-8: Plant in early fall; plant in full sun to partial shade; mulch after first hard frost.
Zone 9: Plant in early fall; plant in full sun to partial shade.
How to Make Hanging Halloween Ghosts 11 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Before the Renovation 99 Photos
Blog Cabin 2014: On Site in Winter Haven 17 Photos
13 Elegant Iron Staircases 13 Photos
Kitchen Color Design Ideas 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.