Baking homemade snacks for your dog or cat is a fun way to show you care. Follow these simple recipes for dog biscuits and cat treats so you'll know exactly what your pet is eating.
By Karin BeuerleinMore in Kitchen
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
3. Stir oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. In a separate medium bowl, stir buttermilk, egg and applesauce.
5. Pour buttermilk mixture into the oats mixture.
6. Stir just until moist.
7. Stir in cherries (no need to thaw, they can go in frozen).
8. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
9. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool for five minutes in the muffin pan on a wire rack.
11. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Store in the refrigerator (not at room temperature) for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Eight-Level Backyard Deck (00:02:13)
Pergola Installed From Kit (00:02:10)
Martini Bar Basement (20:01)
Gabion Garden Entertainment (20:00)
Build an Outdoor Fireplace (02:48)
Fireplace Upgrade (02:16)
Enhance Your Walkway (00:01:04)
Range Hood Installation (02:51)
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
Plants That Bloom in Summer 35 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
13 Mowing Tips for a Healthy Lawn 13 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices 4 Photos
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.