Baking homemade snacks for your dog or cat is a fun way to show you care. Follow these simple recipes for dog biscuits and cat treats so you'll know exactly what your pet is eating.
By Karin BeuerleinMore in Kitchen
Johnson recommends these for the weight-conscious pooch.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Finely dice the spinach and California mix vegetables.
3. Put the diced-spinach-and-vegetable mix into a large bowl.
4. If using the garlic, use a garlic press and mix into the vegetables.
5. Stir the yogurt and applesauce into the veggie mixture.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
7. Add the flour into the vegetable mixture about 1/3 at a time. Stir after each addition.
8. Knead the dough in the bowl until a firm ball is achieved.
9. Fold out onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/2-inch thick.
10. Cut treats into shapes with a cookie cutter.
11. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
12. Place the cut-out treats on the baking sheet.
13. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and water.
14. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the cut-outs with the yogurt and water.
15. Bake for 20 minutes.
16. Cool completely on a wire rack.
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Second-Story Restored Deck (00:02:03)
Taking Back Bedroom (20:02)
The Williams Project (20:00)
Say Good-Bye to Bifold Doors (00:01:00)
Spice-Scented Kitchen Pad (00:44)
Magic Master Bedroom Makeover (00:03:24)
Kris Humphris' Man Cave (00:03:53)
Dramatic Floor Lamp Makeover (02:20)
Steampunk Christmas Decorating Ideas 15 Photos
Cost-Cutting Kitchen Remodeling Ideas 10 Photos
Tips on Installing Vinyl Siding 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.