Baking homemade snacks for your dog or cat is a fun way to show you care. Follow these simple recipes for dog biscuits and cat treats so you'll know exactly what your pet is eating.
By Karin BeuerleinMore in Kitchen
Johnson recommends these for the weight-conscious pooch.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Finely dice the spinach and California mix vegetables.
3. Put the diced-spinach-and-vegetable mix into a large bowl.
4. If using the garlic, use a garlic press and mix into the vegetables.
5. Stir the yogurt and applesauce into the veggie mixture.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
7. Add the flour into the vegetable mixture about 1/3 at a time. Stir after each addition.
8. Knead the dough in the bowl until a firm ball is achieved.
9. Fold out onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/2-inch thick.
10. Cut treats into shapes with a cookie cutter.
11. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
12. Place the cut-out treats on the baking sheet.
13. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and water.
14. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the cut-outs with the yogurt and water.
15. Bake for 20 minutes.
16. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Blog Cabin 2014 Guest Rooms (00:01:13)
How to Install a Booth Window (00:00:60)
How to Install a Bar Base (00:00:60)
First-Floor Facelift (03:44)
Hang Crown Molding: Overview (04:38)
Pub Garage (20:00)
Dining Booth Table (02:53)
Ridge Vents and Soffits (01:17)
Houseboat Renovation (20:00)
Installing Diagonal Tiles (01:02)
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
22 Landscape Lighting Ideas 22 Photos
Hot Hunks on Green Lawns 14 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.