Renovating your own kitchen? Here are some handy tips from 10 Grand in Your Hand on planning, installing and shopping.
More in Kitchen
5 Things to Know About Gutting a Kitchen
- To remove cabinets, unscrew them from the wall and pull them off. Don't use a sledgehammer, it will be much neater and the cabinets can be reused.
- When disconnecting the supply lines to the sink, always have a bucket handy to catch any leftover water.
- Before taking a sledgehammer to drywall, use a small hammer to make holes in the wall to check for any electrical or plumbing behind the wall.
- If the interior of the wall is clear of electrical or plumbing lines, use a reciprocating saw to cut out the wall section that you want to remove.
- Use a box fan in a window to help suck out the construction dust.
Beautiful Backyard Makeovers 12 Photos
Container and Small-Space Gardening 10 Photos
How to Use Concrete/Cement Mixers 13 Photos
How to Lay a Brick Pathway 11 Photos
Pergola and Gazebo Design Trends 10 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.