Renovating your own kitchen? Here are some handy tips from 10 Grand in Your Hand on planning, installing and shopping.
More in Kitchen
- When shopping for appliances, look for floor models. You're usually only giving up the box the item came in. Be sure to check with the dealer about the warranty. They might be willing to extend the warranty to unload the item.
- Shop in early fall for appliances. Last year's models need to go to make room for the next year's models.
- Shop scratch-and-dent appliance sales. Make sure the scratches are cosmetic and not structural.
- Ask for volume discounts, some places offer discounts if you buy all your appliances in one place.
- When shopping for windows and doors, don't just check the big box retailers, go to your local building supplier, (where your contractor shops). The savings can be up to 20 percent.
- Look for cabinet retailers or wholesalers that offer free design services such as measuring your kitchen and planning your layout.
- Go directly to the place that sells granite slabs. You can save 25 to 30 percent by cutting out the middle man.
Magnificent Interlocking Wall (04:30)
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Step 6: Install Flooring (04:13)
Something Old, Something New (00:20:01)
Exterior Deck Tile System (01:11)
Making a Travertine Backsplash (02:37)
Tuscan Kitchen (04:21)
Building a Deck Bench (01:02)
Attic Bonus Room (20:00)
Mediterranean Waterfall (01:28)
Floral Alternatives For Your Wedding 23 Photos
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Stunning Front-Yard Makeovers 6 Photos
Back Patio Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 32 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.