By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Online design tool
Drawer glides and drawers
Foldout ironing board
Drawer face screws
Screw-in, motion detector light
TIP: Add value and efficiency to your home by upgrading a walk-in closet with custom shelves, drawers, double hanging rods, and accessories.
1. Use online tool to create your own custom closet design.
TIP: Anchor closet with hutch or island.
TIP: Make sure you have enough space to open drawers.
TIP: Create separate his and her areas.
TIP: Match color and hardware finishes to home’s décor.
2. Use laser level to position steel track.
TIP: Secure it to wall studs.
3. Hang vertical panels on track and attach fixed shelves.
4. Install glides on vertical panels for drawers.
5. Use pins to adjust shelves for shoes.
6. Double up on hanging rods to maximize storage.
TIP: Installation is easier with precut rods.
7. Don’t forget accessories like slide-out racks for ties, belts, pants and scarves; foldout ironing board; valet pole for fresh-pressed outfits; and hidden hamper for dirty laundry.
8. For built-in look, install crown molding.
9. Install motion sensor in overhead light socket.