By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Metallic spray paint
Detergent and water
Very fine grit sandpaper
Metal, wall-mounted mailbox
Metal house numbers
TIP: Dress up the front of your home with simple paint projects.
1. Remove front door knobs, locks, and kick plates.
2. Clean with detergent and water and thoroughly dry.
TIP: Stick screws into cardboard to they won’t get lost.
TIP: If finish is glossy, lightly sand with very fine grit sandpaper.
TIP: Suspend kick plates with wire through screw holes.
2. Tape off parts not to be painted, like lock mechanisms.
3. Spray paint them to look like brushed nickel or oil-rubbed bronze.
4. Tape off hinges with plastic and painter’s tape and apply spray paint.
TIP: Don’t remove hinges; no need to have to re-hang door.
5. Spray paint exterior light fixtures.
TIP: Disassemble them before painting.
6. Hang wall-mounted, metal mailbox.
7. Spray paint new brass house numbers from hardware store.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.