By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Metallic spray paint
Detergent and water
Very fine grit sandpaper
Metal, wall-mounted mailbox
Metal house numbers
TIP: Dress up the front of your home with simple paint projects.
1. Remove front door knobs, locks, and kick plates.
2. Clean with detergent and water and thoroughly dry.
TIP: Stick screws into cardboard to they won’t get lost.
TIP: If finish is glossy, lightly sand with very fine grit sandpaper.
TIP: Suspend kick plates with wire through screw holes.
2. Tape off parts not to be painted, like lock mechanisms.
3. Spray paint them to look like brushed nickel or oil-rubbed bronze.
4. Tape off hinges with plastic and painter’s tape and apply spray paint.
TIP: Don’t remove hinges; no need to have to re-hang door.
5. Spray paint exterior light fixtures.
TIP: Disassemble them before painting.
6. Hang wall-mounted, metal mailbox.
7. Spray paint new brass house numbers from hardware store.