By Emily AndersonMore in Decorating
Picture hanging strips
Wooden ladders (2)
Paint or stain
1. Paint salvaged frames one color and use to frame photos.
2. Drop plumb lines to bottom and top steps and mark wall at chest or eye level.
3. Connect marks with laser beam; use this line to position top and bottom corners of two rows of photos.
4. Hang photos with picture hanging strips.
TIP: Make sure press-on strip is rated for weight of photo.
5. Create up-cycled look with photos printed on metal.
TIP: Have print shop transfer photos to metal sheets of different sizes and shapes.
6. Add repurposed objects.
7. Spell out family names or inspirational words with letters painted on wood or cut with jigsaw.
8. Build console table from reclaimed boards and wooden ladders.
TIP: Glue and clamp boards together for 18-inch width; trim ladders to 30 inches.
9. Bolt boards to ladder tops.
TIP: For industrial look, leave bolts showing; for smooth look, countersink and fill.
10. Focus area above table with small, repurposed mirror.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.