By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
TIP: Here’s what to do before calling an HVAC repair service.
1. Check filters and replace them, if necessary.
TIP: Clogged filters can disrupt airflow and lower performance.
2. Check supply and return vents for obstructions.
3. Clear debris around outdoor unit.
4. Make sure thermostat is in proper heating or cooling mode.
5. Replace thermostat batteries.
6. Make sure breakers, switches, and disconnects are in ‘ON’ position.
7. Leave fan on ‘continuous’ setting while waiting for repair service.
TIP: This keeps filtered air circulating and makes your home more comfortable.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.