By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
TIP: Here’s what to do before calling an HVAC repair service.
1. Check filters and replace them, if necessary.
TIP: Clogged filters can disrupt airflow and lower performance.
2. Check supply and return vents for obstructions.
3. Clear debris around outdoor unit.
4. Make sure thermostat is in proper heating or cooling mode.
5. Replace thermostat batteries.
6. Make sure breakers, switches, and disconnects are in ‘ON’ position.
7. Leave fan on ‘continuous’ setting while waiting for repair service.
TIP: This keeps filtered air circulating and makes your home more comfortable.
Avalanche Snow Rake (01:09)
DIY Home Flashing Installation (00:01:00)
Scoring and Staining Concrete (02:55)
Installing Soffit Vents (01:00)
Karns-Repairing Hardwood Floor (02:08)
Colorful Cocina (04:04)
Stripping Paint (02:54)
Elegant Travertine Patio (00:02:46)
Door Frame and Jamb Removal (01:32)
Build a Custom Door Frame (00:01:00)
11 Hard-to-Kill Houseplants 11 Photos
Jimmie Johnson's Man Cave Gift 9 Photos
7 Staircases Painted to Perfection 7 Photos
How to Make an Upholstered Footboard 19 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.