By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Chalkboard or recycled door
Barn door track
High-capacity, short-cycle washer and dryer
Cabinets or shelf
Wall-mounted clothing valet
Foldout ironing board
TIP: To save time doing laundry, think differently.
1. Before you buy, measure to make sure you can get appliances into your home.
TIP: Doors and hallways should be at least 1 inch wider than units.
TIP: If necessary, remove doors and hinges to get appliances through.
2. For extra space inside laundry room, hang a slider door.
TIP: Paint original door with chalkboard paint or recycle an old door.
TIP: Mount door on barn door track; attach wheels to top of door.
3. To save time, choose high-capacity, short-cycle washer/dryer.
4. Hang countertop from wall brackets.
5. Install cabinets or shelf for tools and supplies.
6. Suspend rods underneath cabinets for delicates and clothes right out of dryer.
7. Hang wall-mount clothing valet to save space.
8. Install foldout ironing board.