By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Chalkboard or recycled door
Barn door track
High-capacity, short-cycle washer and dryer
Cabinets or shelf
Wall-mounted clothing valet
Foldout ironing board
TIP: To save time doing laundry, think differently.
1. Before you buy, measure to make sure you can get appliances into your home.
TIP: Doors and hallways should be at least 1 inch wider than units.
TIP: If necessary, remove doors and hinges to get appliances through.
2. For extra space inside laundry room, hang a slider door.
TIP: Paint original door with chalkboard paint or recycle an old door.
TIP: Mount door on barn door track; attach wheels to top of door.
3. To save time, choose high-capacity, short-cycle washer/dryer.
4. Hang countertop from wall brackets.
5. Install cabinets or shelf for tools and supplies.
6. Suspend rods underneath cabinets for delicates and clothes right out of dryer.
7. Hang wall-mount clothing valet to save space.
8. Install foldout ironing board.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.