Wire and Metal Cutting Tools
Check out the variety of tools that can be used to cut through wire and metal materials.
- Use diagonal cutters to cut electrical wires up to a certain gauge. These cutters have an angled head for cutting right down to a surface. They have scissor-like handles that make them easier and safer to use than a pocketknife. Diagonal cutters also result in a cleaner cut on the wires than a knife. Several wires can be cut at a time with this tool. Heavier wires such as baling wire can also be cut with this tool.
- Use end nippers instead of diagonal cutters when it comes time to cut staples and nails. Longer handles provide more leverage and a broad head provides a bigger cutting surface. Rock end nippers back and forth against a surface to remove staples or nails. Cutting wire rope with end nippers will cause the rope to fray. Use wire rope cutters instead.
- The jaws of wire rope cutters pull the wire rope into them and trap the cable so that the ends cannot spread. Wire rope cutters are only useful when cutting wire rope. Remember to use the proper connectors when working with wire rope; do not attempt to tie it off.
- Use bolt cutters to cut off locks. Bolt cutters come in different sizes for different-sized locks. The legs of the bolt cutters are designed to send a large amount of torque to the cutting head to make cutting thick metal locks easy.
Smart Power Outlet
This power switch was designed with a real-life workshop scenario in mind.
Control power switches using only your foot.
How to Identify Wiring
Being able to identify wiring makes electrical repairs easier. Use these tips to easily pinpoint problems and connect wires to the correct terminals when making repairs.
Extension Cord Tips
A durable three-pronged extension cord is essential for any workshop. Here are a few extension cords and accessories available on the market.
Cut Perfect Holes With a Python Cutter
This cool tool might make you want to toss away your keyhole saw.
Electricity in the Workshop
These tips offer information on workshop electricity.
Setting Up an Audio System in a Media Room or Home Theater
Learn how an audio system works and the best way to set it up in a media room or home theater.
Learn the Basics About Generators
Here are the facts you should know when buying a generator.
Bathroom Electrical Tips
Keep these tips in mind whenever you're dealing with wiring in a bathroom.
Electrical Safety Tips
Before you tackle any electrical task, review these top safety concerns.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring