Handyman Tool: QuickDriver
A QuickDriver makes simpler work of big flooring and drywall projects.
If you want to make your next flooring or drywall projects to go quicker and easier, a QuickDriver is the tool for you.
- The QuickDriver simply slips right on the end of a drill.
- It allows you to attach a whole strip of screws, which is perfect for attaching drywall — each time you depress the head it will drive one screw into the drywall. Each one will be sunk to the perfect depth as well. You can put up one entire wall in no time.
- Another job that takes a lot of screws that's perfect for the QuickDriver is putting on subflooring or decking. All you have to do is attach a QuickDrive extension that goes on the end of the drill. Tighten it down and you're ready. Once you put the screws in you don't have to bend over to do the work.
Stationary Power Tool Tips
There are three crucial pieces of equipment in a woodshop: the jointer, table saw and the band saw. Check out tips and advice on using and placing these core power tools.
The Essential Power Tools
There are few things that feel more empowering for the do-it-yourselfer than power tools. Following is a list of useful power tools to consider when outfitting a workshop.
Rotary tools accept a variety of attachments, which enable the handheld tool to be used for sanding, polishing, carving and more. Find out which attachment you need to help get the job done.
Handyman Tool Tip: The Dingo
Host Paul Ryan shows how a dingo can be a handy tool when it comes to backyard projects.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
Key Features You Want in a Drill and Essential Drill Bits
Drills, driving bits and drill bits are probably the most frequently used tools by homeowners and DIYers. Take a few minutes to learn the different types and what you really need.
Bench Grinding Tips
These helpful tips give information on how to use a bench grinder and what types of wheels can be used with it.
Tips on Using a Router Table
Router tables allow users to run wood over the router instead of running the tool over the wood. Here are a few tips on using a router table, ensuring safety and accuracy.
Tips for Using a Log Splitter
A log splitter can be a very useful tool for cutting firewood, or cleaning up from having a tree cut. Check out these helpful tips and information on using a motorized log splitter.
Host David Thiel explains how Combi-hammers are used for drilling and chiseling in concrete.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- How to Compost Leaves
- Seasonal Gardening Planner
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips