Choosing a Circular Blade
Use this expert advice and choose the right circular saw blade for any project.
Circular blades have three types of teeth: square-top tooth, two alternating top bevel teeth and triple chip tooth.
- A square-top tooth is good for making rip cuts. Square-top teeth work like chisels to dig out a trench and pull the material out of the groove.
- If you're cutting across the grain, use an alternating top bevel. Blades with ATB teeth close together are used for fine crosscuts or for laminate. When the teeth are farther apart, the blade can be used to make rip cuts as well as crosscuts.
- Triple chip tooth blades are good for working with plywood and laminates because they reduce the amount of chipping of the material.
Tip: Replace blades when the teeth are chipped or start to appear rounded due to wear.
Tips on Choosing the Right Router
Follow these tips from DIY experts and it'll be easy to choose and use a router.
Tips on Choosing a Weed Trimmer
Use this advice from DIY experts to choose the best weed trimmer for your lawn.
There are various circular-saw blades available, and choosing the right blade isn't always easy. This guide takes the guesswork out of finding the right blade for the job.
Tips on Choosing and Using Casters
Host David Thiel offers a few tips on choosing the right style of casters for your next project-on-wheels.
Bench Grinding Tips
These helpful tips give information on how to use a bench grinder and what types of wheels can be used with it.
Tips on Choosing and Using a Generator
Not all generators are suitable for all jobs. Our DIY experts discuss how to pick the right generator for different tasks.
Solutions to Common Table Saw Problems
Use this expert advice to make cutting with a table saw a bit easier.
Tips on Choosing and Using Caulk Guns
Our DIY experts offer tips on a variety of caulk guns and a foam dispenser, making it easy to choose the right tool for any job.
Stationary Power Tool Tips
There are three crucial pieces of equipment in a woodshop: the jointer, table saw and the band saw. Check out tips and advice on using and placing these core power tools.
Tips on Choosing a Shop Heater
Need a heater in the workshop? Use this expert advice to choose the right one for your space.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art