Bench Grinding Tips
These helpful tips give information on how to use a bench grinder and what types of wheels can be used with it.
A bench grinder can be used with many kinds of wheels. When using a bench grinder, move the tool being grinded back and forth across the wheel to prevent heat from building up on the tip of the tool.
Safety Note: the bench grinder emits sparks, so wear gloves and safety glasses when using the bench grinder in addition to using the tool's own safety shields.
- A rough stone can be used for repair work, such as smoothing out the rough edges of an old screwdriver.
- A fine stone can be used to flatten out a chisel.
- Use a wire wheel to clean rust off a tool before sharpening.
- A buffing wheel is a soft cloth wheel used for polishing. Apply a buffing compound called rouge to the wheel before polishing an item.
Stationary Power Tool Tips
There are three crucial pieces of equipment in a woodshop: the jointer, table saw and the band saw. Check out tips and advice on using and placing these core power tools.
Tips on Choosing the Right Router
Follow these tips from DIY experts and it'll be easy to choose and use a router.
Tips on Using a Router Table
Router tables allow users to run wood over the router instead of running the tool over the wood. Here are a few tips on using a router table, ensuring safety and accuracy.
Tips for Using a Log Splitter
A log splitter can be a very useful tool for cutting firewood, or cleaning up from having a tree cut. Check out these helpful tips and information on using a motorized log splitter.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
Tips on Choosing a Weed Trimmer
Use this advice from DIY experts to choose the best weed trimmer for your lawn.
Recommendations for safely operating a jackhammer.
Tips on Choosing and Using Casters
Host David Thiel offers a few tips on choosing the right style of casters for your next project-on-wheels.
Tips on Choosing Wrenches
Wrenches are basic tools for every workshop, and different kinds are designed for specific jobs. Here are some tips for choosing the right wrench.
Tips on Using Paint Sprayers or Paint Guns
Paint sprayers can save a lot of time when painting large contoured areas. Learn these tips on using paint sprayers from DIY Network.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art