Bench Grinding Tips
These helpful tips give information on how to use a bench grinder and what types of wheels can be used with it.
A bench grinder can be used with many kinds of wheels. When using a bench grinder, move the tool being grinded back and forth across the wheel to prevent heat from building up on the tip of the tool.
Safety Note: the bench grinder emits sparks, so wear gloves and safety glasses when using the bench grinder in addition to using the tool's own safety shields.
- A rough stone can be used for repair work, such as smoothing out the rough edges of an old screwdriver.
- A fine stone can be used to flatten out a chisel.
- Use a wire wheel to clean rust off a tool before sharpening.
- A buffing wheel is a soft cloth wheel used for polishing. Apply a buffing compound called rouge to the wheel before polishing an item.
Learn about the different types of levels and how to use them.
Host David Thiel explains what to look for when buying a pneumatic nailer.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
Tips on Choosing and Using Casters
Host David Thiel offers a few tips on choosing the right style of casters for your next project-on-wheels.
These tips and tricks for using sandpaper will help keep any project running smoothly.
When making carefully crafted parts for furniture or cutting the same design into several pieces of wood at once, the band saw is the tool of choice -- and one of the most versatile tools available.
Tips on Using a Router Table
Router tables allow users to run wood over the router instead of running the tool over the wood. Here are a few tips on using a router table, ensuring safety and accuracy.
Pressure Washer Tips
Discover tips and general information on using a pressure washer to clean a deck and other surfaces around the home.
Stationary Power Tool Tips
There are three crucial pieces of equipment in a woodshop: the jointer, table saw and the band saw. Check out tips and advice on using and placing these core power tools.
The Essential Power Tools
There are few things that feel more empowering for the do-it-yourselfer than power tools. Following is a list of useful power tools to consider when outfitting a workshop.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring