Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Check out these tips for recognizing problems with a water heater and keeping it maintained.
- Brown water coming out of a hot water faucet could mean that the tank liner has ruptured.
- The pressure relief valve can leak because of too much pressure in the tank.
- Keeping the temperature above 125 degrees can cause damage.
- A thermal expansion tank will allow pressure to build up keeping it from damaging the tank.
- Installing a water and gas safety valve will shut down the water heater when it senses a problem.
Valuable tips and general information are revealed for checking, flushing and maintaining a home's water heater.
Here are the basics on how to remove your old water heater and install a new one.
Host Tim Hockenberry shares dishwasher and home maintenance tips.
Everyone wants to conserve energy these days, and Today Show Tips offers creative ideas to help make a home green the easy way. These tips will help homeowners save money on energy bills, too.
Home heating systems that aren't properly maintained may be less than 50 percent efficient. Learn more about the importance of periodic furnace maintenance.
Determine how much water could be saved in a home with these basic tips for calculating wasted water.
Too much of the same mineral will lead to hard water. Not only can the water smell and taste bad, it can also damage appliances. Here are a few tips to find out for sure if a home has hard water.
Need a heater in the workshop? Use this expert advice to choose the right one for your space.
Having trouble with your dishwasher? Use these tips to make repairs and keep your dishwasher in tiptop shape.
Maintaining a furnace is an important part of taking care of your home. These tips and web extras provide information on the types of filters available and the best ways to keep a furnace in check.