Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Check out these tips for recognizing problems with a water heater and keeping it maintained.
- Brown water coming out of a hot water faucet could mean that the tank liner has ruptured.
- The pressure relief valve can leak because of too much pressure in the tank.
- Keeping the temperature above 125 degrees can cause damage.
- A thermal expansion tank will allow pressure to build up keeping it from damaging the tank.
- Installing a water and gas safety valve will shut down the water heater when it senses a problem.
Tips on Maintaining a Water Heater
Valuable tips and general information are revealed for checking, flushing and maintaining a home's water heater.
Tips on Removing and Replacing a Water Heater
Here are the basics on how to remove your old water heater and install a new one.
Dishwasher and Home Maintenance Tips
Host Tim Hockenberry shares dishwasher and home maintenance tips.
Energy Efficiency Tips
Everyone wants to conserve energy these days, and Today Show Tips offers creative ideas to help make a home green the easy way. These tips will help homeowners save money on energy bills, too.
Tips on Determining Hard Water
Too much of the same mineral will lead to hard water. Not only can the water smell and taste bad, it can also damage appliances. Here are a few tips to find out for sure if a home has hard water.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
Home heating systems that aren't properly maintained may be less than 50 percent efficient. Learn more about the importance of periodic furnace maintenance.
Tips for Calculating Wasted Water
Determine how much water could be saved in a home with these basic tips for calculating wasted water.
Easy Maintenance Tips for Grills
Keep your grill burning bright for years with these easy maintenance tips.
Dishwasher Maintenance Tips
Having trouble with your dishwasher? Use these tips to make repairs and keep your dishwasher in tiptop shape.
Tips for Maintaining a Furnace
Maintaining a furnace is an important part of taking care of your home. These tips and web extras provide information on the types of filters available and the best ways to keep a furnace in check.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips
- Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
- Furnace Maintenance Tips