Tips on Determining Hard Water
Too much of the same mineral will lead to hard water. Not only can the water smell and taste bad, it can also damage appliances. Here are a few tips to find out for sure if a home has hard water.
- If the home has city water, call the city or town to get a report.
- If the home has a well, test the water using a kit or tests strips.
- Send a sample of the water to a lab.
- If the water is giving a foul smell and tastes bad but isn't hard, purchase an inline filter that has a charcoal filter inside.
Basic Pipe Tips
The plumbing system in your home is simpler than you might think. Find straightforward information about pipes, fittings and the fundamentals of plumbing repair.
Plumbing and Cleaning Tips
Take a look at these helpful tips for those accomplishing those home DIY projects.
Tips on Replacing a Sagging Pipe Under the Floor
When dealing with extensive plumbing problems, it's important to consult a professional to ensure proper repairs and safety measures. But here are a few tips to help DIYers replace sagging pipes.
Tips for Calculating Wasted Water
Determine how much water could be saved in a home with these basic tips for calculating wasted water.
Tips on Maintaining a Water Heater
Valuable tips and general information are revealed for checking, flushing and maintaining a home's water heater.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Check out these tips for recognizing problems with a water heater and keeping it maintained.
Plumbing Emergency Tips
Ed the Plumber offers tips on the tools needed to make a plumber's emergency kit and what to do during plumbing emergencies.
How to Repair Faucets
Learn how to fix common problems with kitchen and bathroom faucets.
Dishwasher and Home Maintenance Tips
Host Tim Hockenberry shares dishwasher and home maintenance tips.
Tips on Buying Microwaves
If you're searching for a new microwave, these tips will come in handy.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials