Tips on Determining Hard Water
Too much of the same mineral will lead to hard water. Not only can the water smell and taste bad, it can also damage appliances. Here are a few tips to find out for sure if a home has hard water.
- If the home has city water, call the city or town to get a report.
- If the home has a well, test the water using a kit or tests strips.
- Send a sample of the water to a lab.
- If the water is giving a foul smell and tastes bad but isn't hard, purchase an inline filter that has a charcoal filter inside.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Check out these tips for recognizing problems with a water heater and keeping it maintained.
Buying Pro Gear from Commercial Suppliers
From appliances to baking shelves, some professional-quality items come cheaper from the restaurant supply industry -- if you know how to shop for them.
Tips on Buying Microwaves
If you're searching for a new microwave, these tips will come in handy.
Tips on Buying Appliances
Not all kitchen appliances are exactly alike. Use these tips from host Paul Ryan to choose the best appliances for your space.
Easy Maintenance Tips for Grills
Keep your grill burning bright for years with these easy maintenance tips.
Dishwasher Maintenance Tips
Having trouble with your dishwasher? Use these tips to make repairs and keep your dishwasher in tiptop shape.
Hot Zones in the Kitchen
Spice up your cooking area with these tricks
Plumbing and Cleaning Tips
Take a look at these helpful tips for those accomplishing those home DIY projects.
Basic Pipe Tips
The plumbing system in your home is simpler than you might think. Find straightforward information about pipes, fittings and the fundamentals of plumbing repair.
The Most Efficient Energy Star Appliances
You can save a lot of money on your energy bill by replacing your old appliances with Energy Star qualified appliances. However, it's important to select the most energy efficient appliances to get the best savings.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables