Tips for Laundry Room Location
Plumbing expert Ed Del Grande shares tips and suggestions for things to consider before setting up a new laundry area in a home.
- In order to avoid stepping on laundry baskets and detergents, don't locate the laundry station in a high traffic area.
- Avoid putting a laundry station in the kitchen. Washing machines produce high amounts of humidity and dryers produce lint, which could make a mess in the kitchen.
- Have a professional electrician install an outlet where the dryer and washer will be placed.
- Plumbing will be needed. Both hot and cold water need to be run to the washer. A drain will also be necessary.
- The dryer must also be vented to the outside of the home.
Laundry Room Storage Ideas
Find tips on how to make the most of your laundry area and maximize storage.
Tips on Replacing a Sagging Pipe Under the Floor
When dealing with extensive plumbing problems, it's important to consult a professional to ensure proper repairs and safety measures. But here are a few tips to help DIYers replace sagging pipes.
How to Accessorize a Laundry Room
Before a laundry room can be "pressed" into service, it needs some items that serve as decorative focal points and functional accessories.
Tips for Calculating Wasted Water
Determine how much water could be saved in a home with these basic tips for calculating wasted water.
Buying Guide: Laundry Machine
Find the washer and dryer best suited for your lifestyle
Plumbing and Cleaning Tips
Take a look at these helpful tips for those accomplishing those home DIY projects.
Basic Pipe Tips
The plumbing system in your home is simpler than you might think. Find straightforward information about pipes, fittings and the fundamentals of plumbing repair.
Tips on Determining Hard Water
Too much of the same mineral will lead to hard water. Not only can the water smell and taste bad, it can also damage appliances. Here are a few tips to find out for sure if a home has hard water.
Tips for Bathroom Vanity Installation
Here are the 10 things you must know about installing a bathroom vanity.
Workshop Types and Location
Host Jay Baker outlines some basic considerations for selecting the right location and building facility for the ultimate home workshop.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials