Tips for Laundry Room Location
Plumbing expert Ed Del Grande shares tips and suggestions for things to consider before setting up a new laundry area in a home.
- In order to avoid stepping on laundry baskets and detergents, don't locate the laundry station in a high traffic area.
- Avoid putting a laundry station in the kitchen. Washing machines produce high amounts of humidity and dryers produce lint, which could make a mess in the kitchen.
- Have a professional electrician install an outlet where the dryer and washer will be placed.
- Plumbing will be needed. Both hot and cold water need to be run to the washer. A drain will also be necessary.
- The dryer must also be vented to the outside of the home.