Tips for Laundry Room Location
Plumbing expert Ed Del Grande shares tips and suggestions for things to consider before setting up a new laundry area in a home.
- In order to avoid stepping on laundry baskets and detergents, don't locate the laundry station in a high traffic area.
- Avoid putting a laundry station in the kitchen. Washing machines produce high amounts of humidity and dryers produce lint, which could make a mess in the kitchen.
- Have a professional electrician install an outlet where the dryer and washer will be placed.
- Plumbing will be needed. Both hot and cold water need to be run to the washer. A drain will also be necessary.
- The dryer must also be vented to the outside of the home.
Find tips on how to make the most of your laundry area and maximize storage.
Learn how an audio system works and the best way to set it up in a media room or home theater.
Ed the Plumber offers tips on the tools needed to make a plumber's emergency kit and what to do during plumbing emergencies.
If you're building or remodeling, check out this expert advice on planning your home's electrical system.
Follow these storage and lighting tips to keep a nursery bright and organized.
Wireless home security systems have a lot to offer when compared to traditional hard-wired systems. But there are some things you should know before you buy one.