Tips for Laundry Room Location
Plumbing expert Ed Del Grande shares tips and suggestions for things to consider before setting up a new laundry area in a home.
- In order to avoid stepping on laundry baskets and detergents, don't locate the laundry station in a high traffic area.
- Avoid putting a laundry station in the kitchen. Washing machines produce high amounts of humidity and dryers produce lint, which could make a mess in the kitchen.
- Have a professional electrician install an outlet where the dryer and washer will be placed.
- Plumbing will be needed. Both hot and cold water need to be run to the washer. A drain will also be necessary.
- The dryer must also be vented to the outside of the home.
How to Install an Anti-Scald Valve
Stop sudden shower water temperature changes by installing an anti-scald valve in your shower.
Euro-style Personal Hygiene With the Bidet
The bidet: What is this mysterious French lavatory fixture, and will it ever find a place in American bathrooms?
Radiant Floor Heating Basics
Alternative heating can include more than adding a fireplace or two or some space heaters. Radiant floor heating is an innovative heating method that works in an unusual way but is highly efficient.
A Roof Over Your Head: Protection With Ventilation
From winter cold to summer heat, your roof may have to withstand wide extremes of temperature. Proper ventilation will keep it protected against constant exposure to the elements.
The Best Ways to Run Power to the Outdoors
Run electricity outdoors conveniently and safely by taking power to an outbuilding or installing an outdoor socket outlet.
See how easy it is to reduce utility bills with these energy-conservations tips.
10 Tips for Maintaining a Wood-Burning Fireplace
There can be many advantages to using a wood burning fireplace. Among other things, it can save money on heating costs and supplement your main source of heat.
Warming Your Home: Alternative Options
Learn how to supplement your heating system in specific rooms to lend warmth and ambience.
How to Cut and Grout Kitchen Tile for Electrical Receptors
Host Paul Wilson shows how to cut kitchen tile for electrical receptors and gives grouting tips.
Tips on Removing and Replacing a Water Heater
Here are the basics on how to remove your old water heater and install a new one.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring