Basic Plumbing Tools
Occasionally challenges such as clogs or leaks arise which a do-it-yourselfer would like to remedy quickly. Specific tools are necessary for these types of repairs.
Host Cheri Van Bynen demonstrates a few tools that are crucial to any home plumbing tool box:
- Unclogs toilets when a plunger will not work.
- Auger feeds into the toilet opening and releases the clog when pulled out.
- Heavy-duty wrench available in several sizes.
- Great for gripping and turning pipes.
- Adjustable jaws are made to grip one way and slide the other way.
- Great for various plumbing jobs.
- Easily removes large nuts such as those found on the p-traps under your sink.
- Long handle with jaws at the end.
- Designed for reaching nuts in hard to reach areas.
Tips to Remember:
- When dealing with toilet clogs, be sure to wear heavy-duty rubber gloves.
- Pipe wrenches and slip-joint pliers are great tools to have around for retrieving items that have fallen into a drain.
- A basin wrench fits where most other wrenches can't.
Plungers and Augers
Plungers are a useful tool for plumbing problems, but there are other tools that can come in handy during such emergencies.
Learn the Basics About Generators
Here are the facts you should know when buying a generator.
Extension Cord Tips
A durable three-pronged extension cord is essential for any workshop. Here are a few extension cords and accessories available on the market.
Tips on Choosing a Shop Heater
Need a heater in the workshop? Use this expert advice to choose the right one for your space.
Cut Perfect Holes With a Python Cutter
This cool tool might make you want to toss away your keyhole saw.
Plumbing Emergency Tips
Ed the Plumber offers tips on the tools needed to make a plumber's emergency kit and what to do during plumbing emergencies.
Learn about the different types of levels and how to use them.
Hoses, Sprinklers and Watering Accessories
Here's the dirt on garden hoses, specialized attachments, sprinklers, watering accessories, and how to tame an unruly hose.
Ed the Plumber offers tips on how to make soldering easier.
Tips on Installing a Sprinkler System
Before you begin installing an irrigation system, keep in mind that a lot of planning is going to be involved. Use these tips to make your installation go smoothly.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables