Basic Plumbing Tools
Occasionally challenges such as clogs or leaks arise which a do-it-yourselfer would like to remedy quickly. Specific tools are necessary for these types of repairs.
Host Cheri Van Bynen demonstrates a few tools that are crucial to any home plumbing tool box:
- Unclogs toilets when a plunger will not work.
- Auger feeds into the toilet opening and releases the clog when pulled out.
- Heavy-duty wrench available in several sizes.
- Great for gripping and turning pipes.
- Adjustable jaws are made to grip one way and slide the other way.
- Great for various plumbing jobs.
- Easily removes large nuts such as those found on the p-traps under your sink.
- Long handle with jaws at the end.
- Designed for reaching nuts in hard to reach areas.
Tips to Remember:
- When dealing with toilet clogs, be sure to wear heavy-duty rubber gloves.
- Pipe wrenches and slip-joint pliers are great tools to have around for retrieving items that have fallen into a drain.
- A basin wrench fits where most other wrenches can't.