Types of Paint Sprayers
Paint sprayers can make almost any job easier – the key is matching the proper tool to the job.
Thinking beyond the ordinary paintbrush can open a whole new world of painting tool options. These sprayers can make almost any job easier – the key is matching the proper tool to the job.
- High pressure, low volume sprayer - this sprayer is gravity fed and works with a compressor. It has the capacity to spray a wide variety of finishes, but can over spray and splash back at times.
- High volume, low pressure sprayer - sold in most home repair centers and hardware stores. Offers less over spray and splash backs than high pressure, low volume models.
- Airless sprayer - a good choice for staining and waterproofing
- Airless spray paint roller - works like a paint roller, without the inconvenience of having to continuously refill your paint tray as you work.
- Diaphragm paint sprayer - works with five-gallon bucket to provide a continuous supply of paint
Tips on Using Paint Sprayers or Paint Guns
Paint sprayers can save a lot of time when painting large contoured areas. Learn these tips on using paint sprayers from DIY Network.
Household Uses for Paint-Sprayers
Paint sprayers may be used for a variety of household jobs, from painting your walls to applying stains and wood sealers.
How to Prepare a Painting Kit
Before you begin a painting project, be prepared by putting together a "painting kit."
Tools For Removing Paint
Removing old paint isn't a lot of fun, but a few paint removal tools can make the task easier.
All About Painting Tools
The key to a sucessful paint job is prep and having the right equipment. Learn about the different type paintbrushes, rollers, sprayers and more.
All About the Different Types of Nails
Learn which type of common and specialty nails work best with different kinds of materials.
DIY experts explain the uses of a plunge router.
Power sanders are great for smoothing large surfaces, but for sanding tough areas, a sheet of sandpaper is best. Here's a guide on how to choose the best sandpaper for any project.
Host David Thiel explains what to look for when buying a pneumatic nailer.
Recommendations for safely operating a jackhammer.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art