Types of Paint Sprayers
Paint sprayers can make almost any job easier – the key is matching the proper tool to the job. Home repair expert Brad Staggs covers some of the basics.
Thinking beyond the ordinary paintbrush can open a whole new world of painting tool options. These sprayers can make almost any job easier – the key is matching the proper tool to the job. Home repair expert Brad Staggs covers some of the basics.
- High pressure, low volume sprayer - this sprayer is gravity fed and works with a compressor. It has the capacity to spray a wide variety of finishes, but can over spray and splash back at times.
- High volume, low pressure sprayer - sold in most home repair centers and hardware stores. Offers less over spray and splash backs than high pressure, low volume models.
- Airless sprayer - a good choice for staining and waterproofing
- Airless spray paint roller - works like a paint roller, without the inconvenience of having to continuously refill your paint tray as you work.
- Diaphragm paint sprayer - works with five-gallon bucket to provide a continuous supply of paint
Tips on Using Paint Sprayers or Paint Guns
Paint sprayers can save a lot of time when painting large contoured areas. Learn these tips on using paint sprayers from DIY Network.
Household Uses for Paint-Sprayers
Paint sprayers may be used for a variety of household jobs, from painting your walls to applying stains and wood sealers.
Cordless vs. Corded Tools
There are good reasons to have both corded and cordless tools in a shop. Host David Thiel explains when to go cordless and when to stay plugged in.
Tools For Removing Paint
Removing old paint isn't a lot of fun, but a few paint removal tools can make the task easier.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
Tips on Using a Router Table
Router tables allow users to run wood over the router instead of running the tool over the wood. Here are a few tips on using a router table, ensuring safety and accuracy.
All About Painting Tools
The key to a sucessful paint job is prep and having the right equipment. Learn about the different type paintbrushes, rollers, sprayers and more.
Key Features You Want in a Drill and Essential Drill Bits
Drills, driving bits and drill bits are probably the most frequently used tools by homeowners and DIYers. Take a few minutes to learn the different types and what you really need.
Solutions to Common Table Saw Problems
Use this expert advice to make cutting with a table saw a bit easier.
How to Prepare a Painting Kit
Before you begin a painting project, be prepared by putting together a "painting kit."
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials