Match Textures in Plaster
Basic techniques for matching textures in plaster can be done easily using everyday objects.
When it comes to matching textures in plaster, the main rule to keep in mind is that there are no rules. There are special tools for the job, or just use what is on hand. Here are some techniques professionals use:
1. Use a drywall knife to create a skip texture, which looks like sand dunes.
2. A stippling brush is useful for creating heavy texture. Or drag a trowel very lightly across the surface to achieve a knockdown.
3. A stomp brush imparts an interesting deep texture, as does a textured paint roller.
4. Drywall knives and putty knives can be used for a stucco-looking pattern. Vary the direction for a different look, or drag the knife lightly over the top for a smoother surface.
5. Even something as mundane as a whisk broom can be used as a texturing tool.
Tools for Surface Preparation
Before painting or wallpapering, you must prepare the surface. Learn more from DIY Network on how commercial products can aid in the process.
8 Essential Wood Refinishing Tools and Supplies
A refinishing expert provides the lowdown on the basic products you'll need for your next refinishing project.
Tools For Removing Paint
Removing old paint isn't a lot of fun, but a few paint removal tools can make the task easier.
Types of Wall Scrapers
Painting and wallpapering often require scraping off what's already there. Dozens of scrapers are available, and your choice should be determined by the task.
Hardwood Installation Tools
Follow these tips about the tools needed for installing engineered and hardwood floors.
TIG Welder Basics
The Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welder generates heat from an electric arc between the electrode at the tip of the torch, the filler rod, and the metal part that's being welded.
The right tools can make any job easier. Here are a few metal cutters each with a specific function that'll help get the job done.
Working successfully with concrete takes a lot of practice. But with the proper tools, you'll be off to a good start.
Choosing Paintbrushes and Rollers
Choosing the right paint brush or roller is essential to a good paint job.
Concrete Nail Gun
This concrete nail gun is a tough fastening tool that drives nails all the way through concrete.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art