Tips to Fix Your Deck
1. Use a screwdriver to check decking and railing for rot and replace damaged wood.
2. Install new boards with grain rings curving upwards; this helps keep them flat.
3. To remove stains caused by algae, mildew, and mold, spray deck with environmentally safe cleaner, which requires no brushing or rinsing; stains will disappear automatically within days.
4. To cut down on future maintenance, trim brush and trees to let in more sunlight.
5. Keep sprinklers and gutters from splashing water on deck.
6. Remove leaves and other debris regularly.
Keep your deck in top shape with simple fixes.
Choose day with no rain in forecast for 24 hours.
Protect nearby landscaping by hosing it down.
Reapply cleaner every 12 to 18 months to prevent stains from reappearing.