Tips on Buying Appliances
Not all kitchen appliances are exactly alike. Use these tips from host Paul Ryan to choose the best appliances for your space.
- Several new refrigerators on the market today feature digital controls for both the freezer and fresh-food sections. These controls help save time by allowing the refrigerator to react quickly to the control setting. It cools quickly, in other words. In fact, you can chill a bottle of wine in record time.
- The oven installed in this kitchen may look like a normal oven, but it isn't. This is an Advantium oven that cooks with three forms:
1. Halogen lights
2. Microwave assist
3. Normal oven convection
- This oven has three extremely hot halogen lights, along with microwave and normal heating conventions. If speed is of the essence, this is the oven for you. In fact, you can heat food eight times faster than normal ovens.
With any kitchen remodeling job, you have something called a "punch list," which is nothing but a to-do list. Remaining for this particular project, Paul and the homeowners had the following:
- Add the baseboard
- Do the window trim
- Add the backsplash
- Install the cooktop (you'll need a plumber for this task)
Note: The bigger the project, the more time-consuming small details there will be to complete toward the end.
The ABCs of Kitchen Appliances
Confused by all the options available when it comes to picking the right appliances for your kitchen remodel? Here are some basic features to look for.
Buying Pro Gear from Commercial Suppliers
From appliances to baking shelves, some professional-quality items come cheaper from the restaurant supply industry -- if you know how to shop for them.
Features to Look for in Prosumer Appliances
What level of performance do you need for your kitchen appliances? Some appliances are really "just like the pros use," while others are more consumer-friendly. Here are seven questions to help you choose.
How to Choose the Right Dishwasher
Dishwashers today offer an endless array of features and options. Which ones make the most sense for you? Here's what you need to know before you buy.
Hot Zones in the Kitchen
Spice up your cooking area with these tricks
Kitchen Storage Options
Cabinets are the priciest part of remodeling a kitchen. Our experts explain your choices.
Kitchen Lighting and Flooring
Two of the most important elements in any kitchen are good lighting and flooring. Our experts share the different options for both.
Tips on Kitchen Cabinets
When it comes to kitchen cabinets, there are plenty to choose from. Here is some information to help you choose what kind of cabinet is right for you.
Kitchen Sink Options
Kitchen life revolves around the sink, the major workstation in the room. Host Jeff Wilson shares the different options available.
Planning Around Utilities During a Kitchen Remodel
One of the first steps in a kitchen remodel is determining what type of utilities you will need and their location. Find out how to plan for utility placement and what steps you'll need to take after that.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables