Tips on Buying Appliances
Not all kitchen appliances are exactly alike. Use these tips from host Paul Ryan to choose the best appliances for your space.
- Several new refrigerators on the market today feature digital controls for both the freezer and fresh-food sections. These controls help save time by allowing the refrigerator to react quickly to the control setting. It cools quickly, in other words. In fact, you can chill a bottle of wine in record time.
- The oven installed in this kitchen may look like a normal oven, but it isn't. This is an Advantium oven that cooks with three forms:
1. Halogen lights
2. Microwave assist
3. Normal oven convection
- This oven has three extremely hot halogen lights, along with microwave and normal heating conventions. If speed is of the essence, this is the oven for you. In fact, you can heat food eight times faster than normal ovens.
With any kitchen remodeling job, you have something called a "punch list," which is nothing but a to-do list. Remaining for this particular project, Paul and the homeowners had the following:
- Add the baseboard
- Do the window trim
- Add the backsplash
- Install the cooktop (you'll need a plumber for this task)
Note: The bigger the project, the more time-consuming small details there will be to complete toward the end.
Hot Zones in the Kitchen
Spice up your cooking area with these tricks
Buying Pro Gear from Commercial Suppliers
From appliances to baking shelves, some professional-quality items come cheaper from the restaurant supply industry -- if you know how to shop for them.
A Facelift for the Fridge
Tired of your old fridge's appearance? Try these products to give your refrigerator's plain exterior a fun makeover.
Maintain a Washer and Dryer
DIY Network experts share valuable tips for cleaning and maintaining a washer and dryer.
Buying Guide: Laundry Machine
Find the washer and dryer best suited for your lifestyle
Tips on Buying Microwaves
If you're searching for a new microwave, these tips will come in handy.
Learn the Basics About Kitchen Appliances
The right appliance can make an enormous difference to the way you use and enjoy your kitchen. With so many models and styles of appliances available, it is important to research before you buy.
The ABCs of Kitchen Appliances
Confused by all the options available when it comes to picking the right appliances for your kitchen remodel? Here are some basic features to look for.
Dishwasher Maintenance Basics
Here is basic information about maintaining your dishwasher to keep it in good working condition.
How to Choose the Right Dishwasher
Dishwashers today offer an endless array of features and options. Which ones make the most sense for you? Here's what you need to know before you buy.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables