Granite Kitchen Countertop Tips
Granite countertops are a good way to modernize a kitchen. DIY experts give tips on granite countertops.
- Most granite countertops must be professionally installed.
- Granite is resistant to stains, scratches and heat and, most importantly, it holds its value well.
- If you're on a budget, don't be married to a specific color. Granite can be cheaper when it's contractor grade or if it's a common color that's readily available.
- Small samples don't always look the same in large slab form so be sure to check out the slabs.
- To remove old countertops prior to installing new granite countertops, score the silicone along the back of the existing countertops. Tap the underside to loosen the countertop, and then carefully pry it up.
Choosing the Right Kitchen Countertops
Searching for the perfect surface doesn't have to be difficult. Here are some pointers about the most popular countertop materials.
Quartz: The New Countertop Contender
With low maintenance, high durability and endless color choices, engineered quartz offers a tempting alternative to natural stone countertops.
Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
Low-maintenance and lovely, quartz countertops suit a variety of design styles.
The Pros and Cons of Granite Tile
Learn more about this perennial favorite for countertops and backsplashes.
Choosing Countertops: Natural Stone
Natural stone is a classic choice for kitchen countertops, but it does require maintenance.
Natural Countertops are Tops With Homeowners
When it comes to kitchen countertops, tile has been replaced by natural stone, solid surfaces and environmentally-friendly alternatives.
Tips for Choosing the Right Countertop
There are many more options for countertops than laminate. Here are some tips on how to choose a countertop that's right for you.
How to Paint Laminate Kitchen Countertops
Do you want to remodel your kitchen, but can't afford natural stone countertops? Consider using paint to get the high-end look of granite.
Wood countertops are hard-working and beautiful, and they suit every style of kitchen.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Foolproof Color for the Summer Garden
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes