Four Tips for Cutting Bulb Glare
No one wants to deal with the unpleasant glare from bare light bulbs. Here are four options for reducing bulb glare in kitchen chandeliers.
Kitchen chandeliers are both trendy and classy. But how do you deal with the glare from bare bulbs? HGTV Favorite Matt Fox gives four clever options for reducing bulb glare in kitchen chandeliers.
1. Perhaps the least expensive fix is to replace all of the clear bulbs with frosted ones that soften the light. Use bulbs of the same wattage so there isn't any light lost, just glare.
2. Lower the wattage of the bulbs.
3. Another idea is to add a dimmer. This takes place at the switch for the light and is the best idea to cut glare when used with frosted bulbs.
4. Add miniature shades to a chandelier to reduce the glare and dress it up a bit. The featured shade's surface is made of a light-colored fabric so it softens and spreads the light out into the room, making it easier on the eyes.
Kitchen Lighting Tips
Choose the right type of kitchen lighting with these tips.
Learn how to light up your home, add curb appeal to the front yard or turn your backyard into evening entertaining space.
Six Tips to Light Up Your Kitchen
Give potential homebuyers a fresh look at your kitchen with a combination of new ambient, task and decorative lighting.
Check out these important tips on lighting your bathroom from HomePortfolio's Alan Kauzlaric.
Bathroom Lights That Let You Shine
A lighting expert shares tips for properly illuminating your bathroom for maximum beauty and functionality.
Basic Types of Kitchen Lighting
Tips on the three types of lighting most commonly found in kitchens.
Tips for Kitchen Lighting
A lighting plan should be an integral part of a kitchen remodel. Here are some of the main factors to consider.
Types of Outdoor Lighting
Lighting down the garden simply adds an extra dimension to your enjoyment of the outdoor space. It helps to show visitors the way to your front door after dark and is an excellent burglar deterrent.
Kitchen Lighting Design Tips
America's top lighting designers share their fool-proof tips for creating the perfect lighting plan for your kitchen.
High-Fashion Lights for a Low-Budget Price
Armed with some creative advice from lighting experts, a budget-minded bathroom makeover need not leave you in the dark.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring