Four Tips for Cutting Bulb Glare
No one wants to deal with the unpleasant glare from bare light bulbs. Here are four options for reducing bulb glare in kitchen chandeliers.
Kitchen chandeliers are both trendy and classy. But how do you deal with the glare from bare bulbs? HGTV Favorite Matt Fox gives four clever options for reducing bulb glare in kitchen chandeliers.
1. Perhaps the least expensive fix is to replace all of the clear bulbs with frosted ones that soften the light. Use bulbs of the same wattage so there isn't any light lost, just glare.
2. Lower the wattage of the bulbs.
3. Another idea is to add a dimmer. This takes place at the switch for the light and is the best idea to cut glare when used with frosted bulbs.
4. Add miniature shades to a chandelier to reduce the glare and dress it up a bit. The featured shade's surface is made of a light-colored fabric so it softens and spreads the light out into the room, making it easier on the eyes.
Kitchen Lighting Tips
Choose the right type of kitchen lighting with these tips.
Six Tips to Light Up Your Kitchen
Give potential homebuyers a fresh look at your kitchen with a combination of new ambient, task and decorative lighting.
Tips for Kitchen Lighting
A lighting plan should be an integral part of a kitchen remodel. Here are some of the main factors to consider.
Kitchen Lighting Design Tips
America's top lighting designers share their fool-proof tips for creating the perfect lighting plan for your kitchen.
Change a Bulb, Change the World, Save Some Green
Installing energy-saving fluorescent bulbs will not only help save the planet, it will help save your budget.
Buyers' Guide For Outdoor Christmas Lighting
Find tips and trends on the latest outdoor lighting gadgets and decorations.
Energy Efficiency Tips
Everyone wants to conserve energy these days, and Today Show Tips offers creative ideas to help make a home green the easy way. These tips will help homeowners save money on energy bills, too.
Outdoor Christmas Lighting Tips
DIY Network's licensed electrician James Young shares tips and tricks for installing outdoor Christmas lighting properly so your joy lasts the whole season.
Learn how to light up your home, add curb appeal to the front yard or turn your backyard into evening entertaining space.
Indoor Lighting for the Holidays
Experts offer a few ideas for using lights to decorate the home for the holidays.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables