Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
If low maintenance is ranked high on your criteria for choosing a countertop, consider manufactured quartz. It's highly durable, easy to clean and stain- and scratch-resistant. Composed of quartz blended with a resin binder, it imitates the look of granite, marble or limestone but still appeals to people who want a more even, balanced pattern. "It's not as busy as granite and it's warmer to the touch," says Judy Adams Hunt of Eurotech Cabinetry in Sarasota, Fla.
Use quartz instead of granite if you want a light-colored top. Lemon juice, red wine and vinegar will not stain quartz, says Adams Hunt.
Clean with warm water and non-abrasive cleanser. No sealing is required.
From $110-$250/lin. ft., installed.
- Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
- Quartz: The New Countertop Contender
- Granite Kitchen Countertop Tips
- How to Reuse a Granite Countertop
- How to Install Granite Countertops
- Installing a Do-It-Yourself Granite Countertop