Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
Low-maintenance quartz countertops suit a variety of design styles.
If low maintenance is ranked high on your criteria for choosing a countertop, consider manufactured quartz. It's highly durable, easy to clean and stain- and scratch-resistant. Composed of quartz blended with a resin binder, it imitates the look of granite, marble or limestone but still appeals to people who want a more even, balanced pattern. "It's not as busy as granite and it's warmer to the touch," says Judy Adams Hunt of Eurotech Cabinetry in Sarasota, Fla.
Use quartz instead of granite if you want a light-colored top. Lemon juice, red wine and vinegar will not stain quartz, says Adams Hunt.
Clean with warm water and non-abrasive cleanser. No sealing is required.
From $110-$250/lin. ft., installed.
- Granite Kitchen Countertop Tips
- Quartz: The New Countertop Contender
- Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
- Installing a Do-It-Yourself Granite Countertop
- How to Install A Granite Tile Kitchen Countertop