5 Easy Ways to Prevent a Grease Fire
Grease fires can get out of hand in seconds and stopping them requires quick thinking. Spraying water is the last thing you should do.
- Have a class ABC fire extinguisher in your kitchen. It is recommended to have at least three fire extinguishers in your home, in the kitchen, garage and main living area.
- The most common reason for a grease fire is leaving a hot pan unattended. Keep your eye on it.
- If grease is smoking, it is too hot. The flash point of a grease fire is 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease will smoke furiously before it ignites, so if you notice smoke turn the heat down immediately.
- Keep cookbooks, towels, paper towels and anything combustible away from the stove. A grease fire can quickly turn into a bigger fire if it catches onto other combustibles.
- If your pan does catch fire, the best thing to do is to smoother it. Use an oven mitt and place the lid on top of the pan. Never throw water on the fire or try to run it to the sink or outside.
As the weather heats up, make sure your pets are safe and happy.
Learn how to make quick work out of cleaning your bathroom, and get tips on the best solutions to use on fixtures, faucets and walls.
Here are five quick ways to personalize tile flooring.
Check out these tips on how to increase your home's heating efficiency and help lower your utility bill.
Don't get bored on a snow day. Here a few suggestions on how to use the extra time wisely or just have fun.
Want to create a buzz-worthy garden? Learn how to attract bees and other essential pollinators with these tips.