Simple Carpet-Maintenance Steps
Caring for your STAINMASTER® carpet is easy. Follow these four steps and your carpet will feel great, look wonderful and last for years.
Courtesy of STAINMASTER® carpet
- Vacuuming removes dirt that dulls appearance
- Select a vacuum with good suction and strong beater bars, which brush the carpet and loosen dirt
- Change vacuum bags and filters regularly
- Treat your carpet well, and it will provide you with years of comfort and beauty
- Here are some strategies for minimizing the rough and tumble wear and tear of every day living
- Clean up spills promptly
- Take aim at stains with our comprehensive Stain Removal Guide
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned at least every 12 months, even if you clean them yourself in between
- Lighter shade carpet may require cleaning more often
- Professional cleaning methods include steam cleaning (known as hot water extraction), absorbent pad or bonnet cleaning, rotary shampoo, and dry foam powder
Carpet Maintenance 101 in Four Easy Tips
Use these simple tips to keep your carpet looking good for years to come.
Carpet Basics: Durability and Judging Quality
Here are some general terms for understanding how carpet is made and how to judge carpet quality.
Carpet Selection: 5 Things You Must Know
In the market for new carpet? Educate yourself and research your options before shopping.
Today's Carpet Trends
Brush up on your carpet fashion with our helpful recap of the latest trends.
Get Rid of Carpet Stains
Cleaning expert Jeff Campbell shares how to get common stains out of carpet.
Get mileage out of old denim by using pockets and inseams from old jeans to make a rugged denim-pocket bulletin board.
Tile Shopping with Ann Sacks
Ann Sacks shares tips on finding the perfect tile to fit your home. She tells you how to get what you want and love it.
How to Select the Perfect Carpet
Choosing the right floor covering is simple with these tips from DIY experts.
Wallpapering: Tools, Prep and Planning
Learn the best tools to use, the different types of wallpaper, how to cut wallpaper and where in the room to start papering.
Palettes for High-Traffic Homes
Stylish color combinations and finishes to withstand even the wildest kids, parties and pets.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring