Simple Carpet-Maintenance Steps
Caring for your STAINMASTER® carpet is easy. Follow these four steps and your carpet will feel great, look wonderful and last for years.
Courtesy of STAINMASTER® carpet
- Vacuuming removes dirt that dulls appearance
- Select a vacuum with good suction and strong beater bars, which brush the carpet and loosen dirt
- Change vacuum bags and filters regularly
- Treat your carpet well, and it will provide you with years of comfort and beauty
- Here are some strategies for minimizing the rough and tumble wear and tear of every day living
- Clean up spills promptly
- Take aim at stains with our comprehensive Stain Removal Guide
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned at least every 12 months, even if you clean them yourself in between
- Lighter shade carpet may require cleaning more often
- Professional cleaning methods include steam cleaning (known as hot water extraction), absorbent pad or bonnet cleaning, rotary shampoo, and dry foam powder
Carpet Maintenance 101 in Four Easy Tips
Use these simple tips to keep your carpet looking good for years to come.
Carpet Selection: 5 Things You Must Know
In the market for new carpet? Educate yourself and research your options before shopping.
Get Rid of Carpet Stains
Cleaning expert Jeff Campbell shares how to get common stains out of carpet.
Carpet Basics: Durability and Judging Quality
Here are some general terms for understanding how carpet is made and how to judge carpet quality.
Today's Carpet Trends
Brush up on your carpet fashion with our helpful recap of the latest trends.
Simple Tips for Saving Energy
These ideas for conserving energy throughout your home will help you cut back on costly heating bills.
How to Remove Pet Stains from Carpeting
Over sixty percent of American families have at least one pet residing in the home. Host Josh Temple herds a flock of sheep into the Disaster House to simulate a year’s worth of pet stains on a new carpet.
How to Select the Perfect Carpet
Choosing the right floor covering is simple with these tips from DIY experts.
Ask these key questions to pick the best carpeting.
Making Your House Watertight
Here are all of the basics on commonly used drainage plane materials and their properties.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables