5 Ways to Personalize Tile Flooring
Here are five quick ways to personalize tile flooring.
There are basically five ways to tile that can be mixed and matched to create a personalized installation for a home:
2. Direction -- it can be straight set, diamond-shaped, etc.
3. Size -- to be able to offset the tile by using two or more sizes.
4. Borders, patterns and insets
5. Relief and texture. This means creating a three-dimensional effect on a wall or countertop installation behind a splash. On a floor, mix glossy tiles with textured tiles.
A square room is probably the easiest room to design. A couple of things to keep in mind is to look up and see what the soffits are doing. Some of the most beautiful installations are to follow the soffit with a border around the room. You can also create a solid border and turn a tile in the middle of it. This would create a custom look but cost little to do.
Windows Buying Guide
Learn the pros and cons of different types of windows, the various styles and latest trends.
All About Joist and Concrete Floor Structures
Not every house is built from wood frame construction, and some houses are built with a combination of materials and techniques.
All About Storm Doors
Learn about popular storm door designs and get tips on maintaining and repairing your storm doors.
All About the Roof Structure and Framing
Learn about the different parts of common roofing structures and the types of roof designs.
Design Your Bathroom in Glass
No matter what your decorating style, it's clear to see that the hottest look for the bath is glass.
Choosing Countertops with Confidence
Designer Heidi Karpa helps you determine your design profile so you can choose countertops with confidence.
Home Theater-in-a-Box or High-end Separates?
Compare the difference in an all-in-one unit or separate components.
All About Roofs: Pitches, Trusses and Framing
Learn about the basic types of pitched roofs and roof frame designs.
Options for an Affordable Outdoor Kitchen
While creating a complete outdoor cooking space can be expensive, you can still put together a great outdoor kitchen without spending a fortune.
Enhancing a Home Theater Experience
Follow these tips to find out how interior design elements can improve a home theater experience.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring