Maintaining Roof Shingles
These tips and general information on cleaning and preserving roof shingles will help keep a home looking maintained in the long term.
- Step back and take a look at the whole roof. Look for missing shingles, large areas of discoloration or sunken areas in the middle of the roof. Discoloration could signal an algae problem and a sagging, sunken roof could mean rotten plywood below.
Roofing and Flashing Tips
A bad roof can be a mold generator. Check out these tips for keeping a roof maintained and preventing mold in a home.
How to Do Simple Roofing Repairs
Reroofing is a major project that should usually be carried out by a professional contractor, but skilled DIYers can often handle small-scale repairs.
All About Roofing Shingles and Materials
Check out all you need to know about the four most common roofing components available.
Top 10 Roofing Tips
Here are 10 things you must know about common roof leak locations and how to fix them safely.
Roofing Buyer's Guide
Learn how to tell if it's time to replace your roof, and get information on the latest roofing materials and approximate costs.
Frame by Frame: The Roof
Check out this helpful information concerning roofing options and installation.
A Roof Over Your Head: Choosing Materials
Check out this information regarding the various types of materials that can be used to cover a roof, as well as which ones might be best for you.
Tips on How to Weatherproof a Roof
Use these expert tips to protect your home. Learn how to keep the elements out and comfort in.
All About Roofs: Pitches, Trusses and Framing
Learn about the basic types of pitched roofs and roof frame designs.
All About the Roof Structure and Framing
Learn about the different parts of common roofing structures and the types of roof designs.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art