Things to Consider Before Installing a Whirlpool Tub
Thinking about installing a whirlpool tub? Here are the main considerations you must think about.
Note: The tools you'll need vary by the brand and size of the whirlpool unit. Just make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- First, make sure that you have enough power available to run the unit. You need a GFCI or Ground Fault outlet. A GFCI will immediately turn off the power if there is an electrical problem.
- A whirlpool takes a lot of water and to get the best benefit, you'll want the water to be around 90 to 95 degrees. Also, it takes a lot of water to fill a whirlpool tub, so you may need to install a larger water heater or a point-of-use water heater to meet the demand. Many manufacturers sell an inline heater that will heat the water as it goes through the pump.
- If installing a whirlpool into an older home, make sure the floor can support the extra weight of a full tub. A small filled whirlpool weighs about 475 pounds. Check the manufacturers requirements to make sure your floor is suitable to support the load.
Tips for Bathroom Vanity Installation
Here are the 10 things you must know about installing a bathroom vanity.
Choose the Right Toilet for Your Bathroom
Size, height and function all play a role in selecting a toilet for a new bathroom. These tips will help you find the right commode for your family.
Let Nature in With an Outdoor Shower
Outdoor showers aren't just for poolside and public beaches anymore. They're fast becoming a refreshing addition to the everyday home bathroom.
Tips on Solving Common Toilet Problems
Master plumber Ed Del Grande explains how even the average homeowner can easily fix common toilet problems.
How to Install an Anti-Scald Valve
Stop sudden shower water temperature changes by installing an anti-scald valve in your shower.
How to Repair Faucets
Learn how to fix common problems with kitchen and bathroom faucets.
Euro-style Personal Hygiene With the Bidet
The bidet: What is this mysterious French lavatory fixture, and will it ever find a place in American bathrooms?
Fixtures: Hot and Cold Running Style
Whatever your faucet fancy, from Old World to contemporary, there is a fixture for you.
How a Toilet Works
The modern toilet has been around awhile, but its workings remain a mystery to many people.
The Anatomy of a Shower and How to Install a Floor Tray
Learn all the main components of putting together a shower stall, including installing a floor tray, acrylic wall and a bath screen.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring