Things to Consider Before Installing a Whirlpool Tub
Thinking about installing a whirlpool tub? Here are the main considerations you must think about.
Note: The tools you'll need vary by the brand and size of the whirlpool unit. Just make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- First, make sure that you have enough power available to run the unit. You need a GFCI or Ground Fault outlet. A GFCI will immediately turn off the power if there is an electrical problem.
- A whirlpool takes a lot of water and to get the best benefit, you'll want the water to be around 90 to 95 degrees. Also, it takes a lot of water to fill a whirlpool tub, so you may need to install a larger water heater or a point-of-use water heater to meet the demand. Many manufacturers sell an inline heater that will heat the water as it goes through the pump.
- If installing a whirlpool into an older home, make sure the floor can support the extra weight of a full tub. A small filled whirlpool weighs about 475 pounds. Check the manufacturers requirements to make sure your floor is suitable to support the load.
How to Install an Anti-Scald Valve
Stop sudden shower water temperature changes by installing an anti-scald valve in your shower.
Tips for Bathroom Vanity Installation
Here are the 10 things you must know about installing a bathroom vanity.
The Anatomy of a Bathtub and How to Install a Replacement
Learn how to all about bathtubs including how to remove and replace one.
Tips on Replacing a Sagging Pipe Under the Floor
When dealing with extensive plumbing problems, it's important to consult a professional to ensure proper repairs and safety measures. But here are a few tips to help DIYers replace sagging pipes.
Tips on Solving Common Toilet Problems
Master plumber Ed Del Grande explains how even the average homeowner can easily fix common toilet problems.
Outdoor Hot Tub Basics
Installing a hot tub outdoors can give your outdoor room a whole new purpose. Learn the basics of a hot tub to prepare for installation.
The Anatomy of a Shower and How to Install a Floor Tray
Learn all the main components of putting together a shower stall, including installing a floor tray, acrylic wall and a bath screen.
Soak in the Latest Tub Technology
Transform your bath into an at-home spa with a hot, new tub.
Euro-style Personal Hygiene With the Bidet
The bidet: What is this mysterious French lavatory fixture, and will it ever find a place in American bathrooms?
Let Nature in With an Outdoor Shower
Outdoor showers aren't just for poolside and public beaches anymore. They're fast becoming a refreshing addition to the everyday home bathroom.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables