Things to Consider Before Installing a Whirlpool Tub
Thinking about installing a whirlpool tub? Here are the main considerations you must think about.
Note: The tools you'll need vary by the brand and size of the whirlpool unit. Just make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- First, make sure that you have enough power available to run the unit. You need a GFCI or Ground Fault outlet. A GFCI will immediately turn off the power if there is an electrical problem.
- A whirlpool takes a lot of water and to get the best benefit, you'll want the water to be around 90 to 95 degrees. Also, it takes a lot of water to fill a whirlpool tub, so you may need to install a larger water heater or a point-of-use water heater to meet the demand. Many manufacturers sell an inline heater that will heat the water as it goes through the pump.
- If installing a whirlpool into an older home, make sure the floor can support the extra weight of a full tub. A small filled whirlpool weighs about 475 pounds. Check the manufacturers requirements to make sure your floor is suitable to support the load.
The Anatomy of a Bathtub and How to Install a Replacement
Learn all about bathtubs including how to remove and replace one.
How to Install an Anti-Scald Valve
Stop sudden shower water temperature changes by installing an anti-scald valve in your shower.
Tips for Bathroom Vanity Installation
10 things you must know about installing a bathroom vanity
Outdoor Hot Tub Basics
Installing a hot tub outdoors can give your outdoor room a whole new purpose. Learn the basics of a hot tub to prepare for installation.
The Anatomy of a Shower and How to Install a Floor Tray
Learn all the main components of putting together a shower stall, including installing a floor tray, acrylic wall and a bath screen.
Soak in the Latest Tub Technology
Transform your bath into an at-home spa with a hot, new tub.
Euro-style Personal Hygiene With the Bidet
The bidet: What is this mysterious French lavatory fixture, and will it ever find a place in American bathrooms?
Invest in a Soaking Tub for Your Zen Bathroom
Installing a soaking tub gives your bathroom an authentic and relaxing Zen-inspired design.
Bathtub Faucet Buyer's Guide
Today's bathtub faucets go beyond functional, with designs and styles available to fit any tub you choose. Understand your options first before hitting the showroom floor.
Tips for Installing a Macerating System
If you want to install a toilet in an area that doesn't have plumbing, you can install a macerating system. Here are some tips on how it works.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips
- Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
- Furnace Maintenance Tips