Matt Muenster's Top 10 Tiling Tricks
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, shares his tricks for doing a top-notch tiling job.
Tiling your bathroom can be an easy task if you follow Matt Muenster's tiling tips and tricks to a T.
- Use spacers to keep everything spaced evenly.
- Apply all solid tiles before cutting the odd pieces.
- Order 10 percent more than you actually need.
- Start with a ledger board.
- Have a helper cut the tiles for you.
- Mark the cuts with a grease pencil.
- Use a diamond-tipped bit to drill holes in the tile.
- Let the tile dry for 24 hours before grouting.
- Lay out all the tiles before installing them.
- Apply sealer to the grout every six months.
- Measure the space you're tiling accurately.
- Remember, preparation is 75 percent of the job.
- Always seal natural stone, like slate, before grouting.
Matt Muenster's 10 Water Watch-Out Areas
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, tells the 10 areas in the bathroom to watch out for water damage.
Ceramic Tile Flooring Tips
DIY Network experts share 10 tips for installing ceramic tile floors.
The Pros and Cons of Granite Tile
Learn more about this perennial favorite for countertops and backsplashes.
The Pros and Cons of Glass Tile
Glass tile is becoming a more popular flooring choice. The tile can be picky about where it's installed, but in the right location it's a real show stopper.
How to Prep Before Installing Floor Tiles
Learn how best to lay out and prepare for a tile floor installation.
Tile Shopping with Ann Sacks
Ann Sacks shares tips on finding the perfect tile to fit your home. She tells you how to get what you want and love it.
Tips From the Pros on Painting Bathtubs and Tile
Do you have an olive green or baby blue bathtub? Thinking about painting it? Before you do, check what options are available.
10 Things You Should Know About Hanging Wallpaper
These are the facts you should know before you install wallpaper.
When it comes to picking tile, there are plenty of choices. Here's a rundown of some popular types of tile available.
Bathroom Tile Choices
Tiles are appearing in more styles and colors than ever before, unleashing new design creativity in the bathroom. Here are some of the freshest tile trends.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips
- Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
- Furnace Maintenance Tips