Matt Muenster's Top 10 Tiling Tricks
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, shares his tricks for doing a top-notch tiling job.
Tiling your bathroom can be an easy task if you follow Matt Muenster's tiling tips and tricks to a T.
- Use spacers to keep everything spaced evenly.
- Apply all solid tiles before cutting the odd pieces.
- Order 10 percent more than you actually need.
- Start with a ledger board.
- Have a helper cut the tiles for you.
- Mark the cuts with a grease pencil.
- Use a diamond-tipped bit to drill holes in the tile.
- Let the tile dry for 24 hours before grouting.
- Lay out all the tiles before installing them.
- Apply sealer to the grout every six months.
- Measure the space you're tiling accurately.
- Remember, preparation is 75 percent of the job.
- Always seal natural stone, like slate, before grouting.
Matt Muenster's 10 Water Watch-Out Areas
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, tells the 10 areas in the bathroom to watch out for water damage.
Kitchen Lighting and Flooring
Two of the most important elements in any kitchen are good lighting and flooring. Our experts share the different options for both.
Outdoor Wooden Structures: Materials for Fences and Decks
Learn about the different types of materials that can be used to build a wood fence or deck, plus get tips on basic fence construction.
Composite Wood Basics
Host Paul Ryan explains the benefits of buying and using composite wood.
Exterior Paint Selection
Painting the exterior of your house may be a job for professionals, but with some basic knowledge and motivation, doing it yourself could save you a lot of cash.
How to Repair and Refinish Laminate Countertops
Learn how to repair scratches, gouges and chips; plus get the lowdown on paints and refinishing kits made to transform old countertops.
Lawn animals made from logs, sticks and twigs can be quite expensive when purchased in garden shops and specialty stores. Here's how easy and economical it can be to make your own.
Get mileage out of old denim by using pockets and inseams from old jeans to make a rugged denim-pocket bulletin board.
Tile Shopping with Ann Sacks
Ann Sacks shares tips on finding the perfect tile to fit your home. She tells you how to get what you want and love it.
How to Paint Laminate Kitchen Countertops
Do you want to remodel your kitchen, but can't afford natural stone countertops? Consider using paint to get the high-end look of granite.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring